Cup suspension urgent help

Matthew bradbury

Paid Member
Hey guys

Bought a car went to get it checked over and has a broken front ring coil spring :worried:

It’s a full fat cup does it matter what replacement I get? It’s got cup suspension where’s the best place to get replacements from?

matt

Reactions: Beany
Hey guys

Bought a car went to get it checked over and has a broken front ring coil spring :worried:

It’s a full fat cup does it matter what replacement I get? It’s got cup suspension where’s the best place to get replacements from?

matt

Yes it does matter, you need to get the correct spring rate (normally denoted by the colours on the spring), as these need to match the others / match the dampers.

I very much doubt ECP will have the correct springs, they'll just give you a non-RS spring.
So your options are:
* @renaultpartsdirect
* Go to Renault directly

It might be worth getting dampers and top mounts depending on condition, as you have to take it all out anyways.

Dampers are on sale on RPD's site @ @£35 each, which is a bargain.

Think I may go for a set of lowering springs if i've got to replace two coil springs... any recommendations on where to buy from?

So you have a few options
* H&R Springs (biggest drop, in my opinion horrible ride)
* Eibach Springs (less of a drop, but progressive springs, so ride decent still yet on the limit a bit stiffer)
* Cooksport Springs (no experience on these, a few people do run them)
* Grams (again no experience with these)

I run Eibach and they are great in my opinion.

Reactions: Matthew bradbury