Cup Steering Rack on FF200

has anyone done this yet?

Im quite happy with the ride of the car, and its being lowered soon. Only thing i would like is the slightly more responsive steering.

Wondered what was involved? part prices, bitch of a job etc

I fitted one (200 Cup Rack) to my 197, not a fun job, did it at the same time as some work on the manifold. I got one used, though they aren't that expensive new and come with new track rods and track rod ends. The difference wasn't really noticeable to be honest.

Thats why I did it, maybe driving two different cars back to back makes it obvious, but driving my car, then driving something else for a week or so, then driving my car with the Cup rack did not really highlight any differences.

The technicians did confirm that it was definitely a shorter rack too, but it felt very similar to me. Perhaps the effects were dulled as it was fitted at the same time as a [huge mistake] X85 Cup front anti-roll bar.

I've been thinking to go for it as well for a long time now, just looking to source 2nd hand parts (rack and ARB, not the X85 as Raplhy did but the one which comes with 200 cup) and obviously find a reason to drop the subframe (it's a subframe down job). Otherwise it will be ridiculously expensive and the mod won't worth its money.

I am kind of hoping/wondering whether the lowering springs will aid responsivenes??!! But IMO the ff 200 without a cup pack is not as responsive steering wise as the 200 with the cup pack (However I did go 3 months between driving one to the other....)

I had a 197 cup rack fitted to a non-cup 197. Rim catches the control arm on full-lock. Anything I'm doing wrong?

I am kind of hoping/wondering whether the lowering springs will aid responsivenes??!! But IMO the ff 200 without a cup pack is not as responsive steering wise as the 200 with the cup pack (However I did go 3 months between driving one to the other....)

The racks are different, but I didn't find it particularly noticeable. That was with 197 Cup suspension.

It certainly wasn't a mod I would repeat.

Then again I didn't think there was much noticeable benefit in changing to Cup suspension, the standard car is just so capable on track.