Cup Chassis - Pros and Cons?

Truthfully, what are the relative benefits, or otherwise, of adding the 'Cup Pack' Option to a FF 200?

I'm interested in the pros and cons in regular day-to-day use on UK roads.

The pros are red brembos, better stance, firmer suspension, quicker steering rack. The cons are if you're old and/or frail people think it's a bit too firm. I think it's fine but I'm young and athletic :wink:

I changed from FF to Cup on my 197 and the only real difference was more rattles. Also changed to a 200 Cup steering rack and again don't think that was a significant change.

Personal preference really mate. For me it just made the car that bit more 'sporty' but when I test drove the two back to back, the standard car had normal seats and the cup with Recaros. The two together just made for a better experience.

I agree with Ralphy that your probably gonna get more rattles and a choppier ride on a bad road though....

Having come from a 172 with Eibach Sportlines the cup chassis is actually an improvement for me in terms of ride quality. But then i actually do have a cup not just a poser like the above FF owners :wink:

Having come from a 172 with Eibach Sportlines the cup chassis is actually an improvement for me in terms of ride quality. But then i actually do have a poverty spec, as I'm not as awesome as the above FF owners :wink:

:001_rolleyes:

For road use the perfect combo would be non cup with a cup rack. If you do any trackdays then cup is a must.

The only time I find the cup chassis unberable is over joint on motorways. It's like a bouncy castle.