Cruise control and limiter

out of interest @turkie172 do you have any wiring diagrams for this on a 200, it will definately benefit the forum if you do as I am gonna see if I can’t add it to my cup with a series of buttons on the dash and a switch for penny’s and then do a how too :smile:

out of interest @turkie172 do you have any wiring diagrams for this on a 200, it will definately benefit the forum if you do as I am gonna see if I can’t add it to my cup with a series of buttons on the dash and a switch for penny’s and then do a how too :smile:

I'm pretty sure it's the computer that does the bulk of the work I would need to know the cars details year and options. I'm not sure which computer controls it I'm guessing the injection and bcm and the second is defiantly different because no keyless entry. I'm guessing you could go low tech swap the looms and computers from a make the cup into a full 197. The cups what they were for was to strip out for track cars I feel bad when I see R27's converted for pure track there was only 500 to start with. PM me the oval plate picture and tell me the year and I'll see if there is a diagram it will be the safety end that I would worry about the extra travel in the accelerator pedal to deactivate and brake pedal function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Listed as speed control "all types" 2008 model
upload_2018-7-17_11-24-0.png
331 CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH
1081 CRUISE CONTROL LIMITER START STOP CONTROL
1519 UNDER STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
R107 DASHBOARD/FRONT OF ENGINE CONNECTION

Two different diagrams not sure but could be cup and full fat 197
upload_2018-7-17_11-30-11.png
upload_2018-7-17_11-30-51.png
upload_2018-7-17_11-35-9.png
1081 is wired back into the injection computer (120)

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
Can you do me a further favour and check if the plug in 1519 has 8 or ten pins which also includes 4 or 5 for the airbag aswell, the horn definately doesn’t go through it as it still worked with the plug unplugged, so that may go on canbus I reckon

Basically my plan is to fit several switches under the indicator stalk and fit a switch by the handbrake just to switch between limits and cruise, I have shorted the pins out and activated cruise and limiter in parameters, but my Delphi wouldn’t allow me to configure the options I needed to swap in clocks, engine etc, itdoes hoecer have a clutch switch fitted which is good news and I could also see that switch in parameters So a bit of programming and we should all be good, might need to get me a clip if none of my motor trade mates have got a clip...

Someone on the forum has a clip for sale but be very careful of the software cd for viruses some can be false alarms but the disk I have was full of real viruses so grab an old or basic laptop for the job then you can sell it on as a kit with no personal information at risk

I flying at the minute if I get a chance later on I'll have a look if I can remote back to my pc

I think I looked up that plug there was a lot of options mostly airbag multi circuits etc

Reactions: Dumdum
Seems its three connectors as 1519

6 pin
18 pin
10 pin
upload_2018-7-18_0-52-2.pngupload_2018-7-18_0-54-11.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-48-32.png
upload_2018-7-18_1-4-7.png

upload_2018-7-18_0-58-54.png

upload_2018-7-18_1-5-55.png
upload_2018-7-18_1-6-41.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-59-39.png
upload_2018-7-18_1-0-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-18_0-51-10.png
    upload_2018-7-18_0-51-10.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 5
That’s perfect mate! Thankyou! I had got the right two wires! I must get me these wiring diagrams by hook or by crook, got a workshop repair manual on my phone, hopefully wiring would be in it, but no, no such luck :worried:

From looking at my cup it has the plug for the cruise control switch by the hand break but a blanking cover for were the switch should be.

If the loom is there would it not just be the case of adding the switches and then telling the computer it’s there .

From looking at my cup it has the plug for the cruise control switch by the hand break but a blanking cover for were the switch should be.

If the loom is there would it not just be the case of adding the switches and then telling the computer it’s there .
Yes I’ve found that, and on Delphi diag it says cruise or limiter enabled depending which pins I link, need to get myself a clip and enable it, the steering wheel switches are a bit more awkward, I’ve found the wires where they go into the clock spring, but to save buying a new switch pack and an airbag I am going to utilise the spare space under the indicator stalk and fit four small switches in there which will negate the clock spring and go direct to the two wires which I have a diagram for already with resistors in circuit for the four functions, sounds simple when I say it quick :smile:

I have a wheel with the buttons that I am getting re trimmed so I could just use the buttons and plug those in.

I have also read about the pedal needing a speed sensor or something and not all have this ?

That would be the clutch switch and mine defo has a clutch switch :smiley:

The issue you’ll have is the steering wheel needs a clock spring like the airbag connections run down in the switch unit behind the steering wheel, mine definitely doesn’t have the extra two connections from the clock spring being a cup and I’m not arsed about it being steering wheel mounted, hence finding another location for them :smile: also the airbag is different on a cruise wheel :wink:

apparently from a little digging you can solder very carefully to the other end of the clock spring and add the two wires behind the steering wheel with some stripping

For anyone that cares I have fitted four switches under the indicator switch, added some resistors and a few bits of wire and voila! Shorted out the pins on the plug in the centre console, I have no lights on the dash, but my speedo says how fast I’m going :smile: and I know cruise is on because it works :smile: all resistor values are in a pic in my progress thread along with pics of switches and stuff

Can someone confirm that this is the right plug (1519) to connect the cruise control?
green and orange cable should be 86M and 86G?
5351A48E-5001-4AC6-81A8-6B08CA38DF86.jpeg

1519 seems to be the clockspring unit and has 3 plugs a 10pin - 6pin and 18pin black connectors if you can quote the wire numbers then you have VISU so the screen shots might not be any extra help. It seems the 10 pin plug is what your looking for.

1609335869005.png
1609336594369.png
1609336867550.png

OK, thank you! Then the plug in the yellow circle must be the right one. It has 10 pins and in row 1 are three pins free.
86M green is #1
86G orange is #2