Couples of questions/issues.

Hi people. I’m new to the forum and have been following a few threads and they have helped tonnes but thought I would make my own to get a bit more info specific to my situation.

Anyway I recently purchased a 197 for a very good price, I think. Reason being it’s got a few issues, mainly being the cracked manifold and stripped out interior. I’m pretty certain more things will crop up in due course. My first question is, I recently purchased a used manifold off eBay but when I received it I could instantly hear a bang/rattle coming from the cat everytime I moved it. Does this mean it’s shot? Now I’m toying with having a fast road/occasional track used clio so I purchased a toyosport decat mani. Will this constantly throw up the emissions light? Or is there a way to bypass this?

My next question is - cages. I don’t want to go major with a cage just something that will fill the back if that makes sense? I’ve always really liked the look of a fast road car, with the cage, buckets and harnesses. I’ve been looking on eBay and have found this, https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/172919685870 - from a company pgstrutbrace. Has anyone ever used them before? Also how often do these bolt in cages come up for sale second hand? I’m not sure if 399 is a reasonable price or not?

This is my first sort of venture in doing this sort of thing with a car as I’m sure you probably guessed! So any info would be greatly appreciated.

welcome and hope you find all answers to your q's..i can only guess that the toyo manifold doesnt throw any warning light up..lots of members have fitted it in the past and dont remember any of them mentioning it..

@kevlar show this guy your cage, much better than a bolt in one. Ktec I'm sure you told me???

Be fine with the Toyo manifold...

Don’t think I’ve ever once seen a cage for re sale tbh. A lot of guys weld them in!

This the Ktec one? That’s pretty much excactly the look i’d be going for! Beautiful car btw
Hi there yes its the k tec one, there was one for sale on ebay last week i think, keep an eye out on the K Tec facebook page they often do a flash 10% off discount thats what I used to get some of my mods!

Hope this is okay to update, thought I would do this rather than make a new thread. I’m now planning purchasing a cage. How do I go about fitting these? Will the dash need to be stripped and windscreen out? Also do the plates fit into existing points or how do i go about fixing it? Absolute newbie so go easy! Cheers