Couple of niggles/annoyances...

Right guys I hope you can help, I've been meaning to do this for a while, couple of things and I apologise if in the wrong area, but would mean having to start at least two threads in two different areas. So here goes:

Since I had the car my steering wheel has been like this:
IMG_1173.JPG
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can rectify/remedy this, or is it a new wheel needed? Don't have a fat lot of money at moment as buying this car, christmas, and a holiday has practically cleaned me out.

Also am I missing something from my battery?
IMG_1177.JPG
And that pipe at the top running across my terminals..I don't like it doing that and can't reposition it to stop it as it always ends up back there, where is it supposed to go? Also just noticed when took the pic, that the cable/pipe at the bottom of the pic...what the hell is it n where does it go? It was just tucked down the front of the battery.

And last but finally, I have a set of Ktec Racing mats (all 4) but they not and won't secure to the floor of the car so every time I get in and out, they slide right forward under the pedals. So any ideas how to attach them? In two minds whether to post the pic as they need a damn good clean and don't wanna give guys a heart attack lol.

Any help thought would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks @Sean197

So a re trim or new/replacement wheel basically? Is a re trim cheaper then? And how would I go about that lol sorry to be a pain.

Ah so I am missing something off the battery, what about those pipngs? The top one I think is related to the air intake and does that go there? Still no clue about the bottom one or what it even does.

Edit: Ok here's the mats. Please forgive their condition not cleaned them yet.
IMG_1175.JPG

Steering wheel will need a retrim, roughly about £110 IIRC, you should be able to request them do a similar design to what you've already got, or could switch it up and try something different.
Two on here that people use are Edge Automotives and Royal Steering wheels, have a quick google.

This is the bit you're missing off the top of your battery. May be able to find them cheaper used, but this was first one I found.

Just an observation, t looks like you're missing a wire (earth?) to the middle connection of the right group of cables on the battery...

The tube running from the manifold over the battery is supposed to sit there, (looks better when you've got the battery cover on), this is what my engine bay looks like:

r994GPc.jpg

It sounds like you don't have the hook things for the mats? do you have little nipple type things under the matt? or does the matt not have holes for the nipples? You might be missing these things.

Right so engine cover is an easy fix and thanks for showing where that pipe goes, least that's one less thing to worry about as it's in the right position. Loving your white pipes btw.

I have two floor nipples on the floor of the car underneath that mat which I presumed is what the mats push through onto, the Mrs' cars mats do...at least on my drivers side I have them, not checked the passenger side, but no holes in the mats themselves, other than the one little thing you can see in the pic, but what ever is underneath it, had broken off. They look like they're for the Clio as they look tailored to fit etc. Just annoying they don't lock in.

As for the steering wheel may have to lump it for a bit longer then and keep an eye out on eBay perhaps. Who knows maybe after the holiday can look into it more.

Still puzzled by the extra tubing on the battery. Doesn't look like any things inside it.

At work and not much time.But:

Royal steering wheels tetrimming starts at £130.

With either £10 post each way or £15 to have fitted on-site.

And £100 deposit for the exchange wheel. Refunded upon return.

Quality is the dogs danglies !

Reactions: Dystant