Counting my blessings

A3DA4950-F0D2-4F1F-8081-95562449508C.jpeg5B4441EE-2A8D-4C40-9262-9960611DA982.jpeg9782C54E-80A0-4945-99FA-5B22220386BB.jpeg9A15C01A-0E9B-496B-BBD7-6404D7E1B3ED.jpeg87ADB51F-D2F1-4D4A-9677-7ACD5343A9DF.jpeg1ACDB801-55FC-4030-AD0D-BE32691F553E.jpeg
And just like that my world has come crashing down on me. Out for a simple drive last night with a friend, just gone 22:30 on a wet freshly tarmaced road on the bend, I slowly loose control, tried to correct the spin, side on curb collision, flips us over 3/4 times and finish on the roof next to someone’s fencing. I have never felt so guilty and embarrassed before in my whole life. Benn and I have walked away from the incident with a few cuts bumps and bruises, incredible luck. It’s a miracle that we are both alive and okay. I never would have thought something like this would happen, at all. I can’t thank the fire, police and ambulance services enough, so under appreciated before yesterday. Lesson learnt. I miss my car already, but that was the bottom of my worries when we were stuck hanging upside down.

Ah man. Not nice to see but glad you are ok!

Cars can be replaced, limbs not so easily and lives not at all!

Wow, I'm glad you're ok Joe, it's such a shame but it looks like the car had saved you!

Cliché but cars can be replaced, insurance will pay out and you can get another (or as you wanted to change it anyway).

Chin up, these things happen.

Ah man. Not nice to see but glad you are ok!

Cars can be replaced, limbs not so easily and lives not at all!
Exactly, I’m so thankful my friend is okay, god knows what I would have done if he wasn’t and I was fine.
Wow, I'm glad you're ok Joe, it's such a shame but it looks like the car had saved you!

Cliché but cars can be replaced, insurance will pay out and you can get another (or as you wanted to change it anyway).

Chin up, these things happen.
Cheers @suj obviously still only less than 24 hours ago but I can’t see myself getting another Clio anytime soon, back to an old 1.0l for me I think is best.

Advise for spirited drives.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...d-drives..64749/&share_type=t&link_source=app

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machinery can be replaced. Glad your both ok!
You’re not the first and won’t certainly be the last.

Firstly I’m glad no innocent people were hurt.
Secondly I’m glad you’re not hurt

Reactions: Sean197
No saying the police will let it go as an RTC when it's a young lad in a fast car; signs of excessive speed, overtaking, witnesses, dashcams, forum posts, these could all come back to haunt you :screamcat:

Glad you didn't kill anyone, might want to think about that for a while... Welcome to consequence :200T:

Last edited:
Reactions: R20BTG
Not good to see, I am very glad you are OK. I put my fist car upside down in a ditch. It is a valuable learning experience that life can change very quickly. On a positive, just think how far you would have launched a S3!

• Haha
Reactions: Sean197
Firstly, glad your friend is OK and you didn't hit anyone else. Secondly, good that you're OK.
I won't rub it in, I remember how I felt when my albi meglio was written off. Hopefully you declared all your mods and get a payout, and maybe put the dreams of an S3 on the back-burner for a few years. As said above, you absolutely need to learn from this.

Gutted! The fact you survived is a testament to how safe the Clio is! how fast were you going in the wet!?

The answer is... Too fast. :chair:

But yeah, NCAP 5 star ratings eh :thumb:

This is a theoretical question, and not directed at you @joehodges154, if the insurance company decided not to pay out so they hand the damaged car back to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to stump up for the recovery costs and storage fees etc. but yeah you'd get it back or have to pay for it to be scrapped... Either way not a situation you want to end up in!

When it comes to undeclared mods it depends how savvy the estimator is, it's a write off (clearly) so they probably won't look to deep. It had different wheels and green calipers but that's not a performance gain, and you could always play dumb (that's how I bought it etc.)

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Siliconsteve General Chat 0