Coolant level?

Matt197

South West Rep
Time for another stupid question :-p

When I was reading one of the booklets a while ago it stated that all fluid levels should be checked when the car is serviced and if the coolant level has dropped then top up and investigate why this has happened, I can not find where I read this now but I definitely read it somewhere.

Any way, my coolant level has dropped a bit, I can’t see a min line but is below the plastic ridge that runs though the middle of the tank. Should this have been checked and toped up at the first service or am I dreaming?

In case you dont know what I am talking about here is a picture :001_wub:

99_90.gif

Coolant level is below the red light I have marked.

The dealer should have checked it and filled it up. Had this on every new car we had. Santa Fe II, Bravo, my R27, Ford Ranger,....

The first few hundred kilometers you got to check it. I've filled it up myself twice now but the amount was very little. Like two-three small spoons :tongue_smilie: now after 5000km+ it is always on the same level.

If i fill mine up to the full mark it always loses a little bit before settling, and if i then fill up the same thing happens. Now that i left it alone it doesnt budge, but i can never get it stay on the full mark.

Strangely my old 1.4 clio did exactly the same thing...

Cheers guys :thumbup:

On another note does anyone know why on the left hand side of the bottle it’s started to tinge a nasty brown? Seems odd how its only one side!

Never knew I had to check the level after a few miles from new, oops. Will get it toped up now as its starting to get colder.

If i fill mine up to the full mark it always loses a little bit before settling, and if i then fill up the same thing happens. Now that i left it alone it doesnt budge, but i can never get it stay on the full mark.

Strangely my old 1.4 clio did exactly the same thing...

most renault engines burn coolant off for some reason the 1.2 is the worst they have a permenant sludge around the oil filler cap, i fink its because they are hi reving engines