Connects2 not compatible with Clio 200?

Hi Folks,

recently picked up a 2009 200. I've pulled the stock radio out, looking at putting a Pioneer SPH-20DAB into it.

Various people have mentioned getting a Connects2 CTSRN007.2 to retain the steering wheel controls.
I spoke with Connects2 and they have been very responsive but said that they do not offer a compatible product.

Can anyone advise? Will it/won't it work? Pics included of the connections remaining in my car incase that helps!

I'm great with DIY but rubbish with electrics. The reply from the Connects2 team (which I haven't got my head around yet) is:

Looking at you vehicle it appears that the wiring harness has a wired ignition. As the vehicle harness has a wired ignition then this may mean that the vehicle you have may be different to any interface that we have. The older interface would have had a Wired ignition but this would have been for a different radio and this configuration would not work.
The later vehicle would have no wired ignition (only battery) and the radio would be maintained by the vehicles CAN-Bus system and also the steering controls would be done via CAN Bus. As there is a wired ignition on the vehicle harness there would be no ignition switch on for CAN so our interface would not get the signal to power up the radio. Also if this the case then the steering controls also would not work. It appears that your vehicle is a cross-over system in between the old system and the new system where both of our interface settings will not work.

And

If the Vehicle harness has a wired ignition where there is both a Permanent 12v and a switched / accessory 12v then our interface will not be compatible. Our interface is a CAN-Bus interface and is designed to generate the 12v ignition feed / accessory supplied to switch on the aftermarket radio, these type of radio systems will only have a permanent feed (and a Ground connection) on the power section of the ISO. With vehicles with the wire ignition our interface will not generate this 12v ignition feed / accessory supply required to power up the radio as this command will not be in the CAN-Bus data on the vehicle due to the vehicle / vehicle harness having a wired ignition so the radio will not switch on. Even if you wire a separate ignition the steering controls will still not work. This has been tested by other customers where they have tried this and the radio has powered up but the steering controls do not work.

TIA!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 20.42.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 20.42.41.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 17
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 20.50.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 20.50.10.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 16
Have a good google, I looked into this and there's plenty of people asking the same thing, seems a bit of a minefield depending what head unit you have. what does your standard unit look like?

Thanks @l33th3tr33

Yeah, I've been doing quite a bit of reading but seem to hear differing opinions.

Here's my current HU, which I'm replacing with the pioneer one

Attachments

• received_1829900190713407.jpeg
    received_1829900190713407.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 24
Looks just like a standard unit, hopefully someone can chime in, mine is a cabasse so easily identified. I think I came across a thread on here which listed all of the headunits with pictures and the corresponding Connect2 adapter, but can't seem to find it now.

The way I read the reply from connect2 is that you need to check the wiring loom to the radio and see if you have a permanent 12v.

If you do have a permanent 12v supply then the connect2 will not work as it generates it's own 12v supply.

This is how I understand it?
Hope it makes sense.
Craig.

Yeah I think I'm following Craig, thanks.

I found this thread as well- the person seems to have the same loom as me and got the connects2 working...

Reactions: Rougepont
Well, I've ordered it all anyway, we'll see if it works and I'll update this for anyone else in the future.

I ordered:

Radio: Pioneer SPH-20DAB
Connects2 CTSRN007.2
Connects2 CTSRN00C (this includes the 007.2 and another lead that fits- i'll send back whatever doesn't work)
CT24RT03 Fascia
CT27AA01 Aerial adapter
Pioneer patch lead
Eightwood DAB+ sharkfin aerial

Reactions: Sean197
Any chance the OEM radio will be for sale ? :innocent:
It's buggered. The antenna socket was broken so I pulled it apart and damaged it more trying to remove it from the circuit board. But PM me if you want to discuss so as to not derail the thread

OK, follow up, it all works, steering wheel controls and all (despite connects2 telling me it wouldn't!)

The 007.2 adapter is the only one required (with the patch lead for whatever brand headunit you have).
Just make sure you wire up all the connects2 wiring together/with the radio BEFORE plugging it into the car/power. Apparently this causes issues.

Great news. I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need steering controls but they're so much more convenient.

Similar Thread Suggestions