Coming back to the fold - need some advice please from 197 owners

Hi there,

Hope you are all well.

I will shortly be buying another Clio 197. Having owned a Nimbus Grey 197 F1 around 5 years ago its time for me to get another. My company car is a 320d MSport Touring but I fancy a Clio for weekends, trackdays and the occasional day when the weather is nice and the 3 series is just too boring.

My budget will be around £5-£6K and I only have one real 'must have' on my next Clio which is Recaro seats. Not fussed about another F1 unless the price is right and ideally if I do stretch the budget for an F1 I would want Liquid Yellow.

There may be a few questions I have so please bear with me as this car will be a keeper and I will want to take my time to get it just how I want it.

First question is regarding suspension and wheel spacers. My previous F1 was completely standard but I will want my next car to look better in terms of ride height and wheel fitment. What is the general consensus on wheel spacers, are Direnza still the best ones to go for ? any negatives I should know about ? second part of this question is suspension, what is the best way to lower the car so it sits like this one ?

photo-1-3f35a4b.jpg

photo-2-3f35a59.jpg

Just one more question for tonight, can someone point me in the right direction of where to buy a half roll cage ? I bought one of the ex Oulton Park instructor car cages for my old car but sold this when I sold the car. I want another one in my next car so need a good source for one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Tim

Welcome back to the fold mate.

I'm not a fan of spacers, basically everything that adds unsprung weight:wink: If you are looking for a better stance budget a set of OZs with ET55 and you are done. Expensive but you said the car will be a keeper correct?

Suspension wise B14s (Bilsteins) are very popular and very good price. Members in here do praise them and for the money it can't go wrong.

Re roll cage I am not sure but a few members will be able to point you to the right direction. Good luck with the search!

Hey, welcome back. Here's mine on what I believe to be standard shocks, h&r springs and that's it (no spacers). Even though spacers would look nice, from what I've heard, not worth the effort. Plus, in the flesh, mines still looks good without them.IMAG0010-01.jpg