Cold Start

Haven't had the 197 long but one thing i noticed is when started from cold.. it is very jumpy.. almost kangaroo like for a while until she is warmed up! Is this normal or could this be a bigger problem?

Its normal.

Some people say running a higher octane fuel helps, but simply, let your engine warm up first.

Normal i believe. Alot of people report this problem. Mine is exactly the same. I think i may be right in saying a remap can help improve this - i have also found using better fuel helps mine and leaving it to idle for 30 seconds before i drive off in the morning helps.

Its normal.

Some people say running a higher octane fuel helps, but simply, let your engine warm up first.

Yea i mean't to say that! I threw a full tank higher octane in and it made it less jumpy! and merely letting it sit for 30secs>1min it stops it also! Glad to know its normal, just wanted to make sure whilst still under warranty as you would expect lol

Turn T/C off when you get in then 2-3 mins later you can turn it back on:thumbup:

My twingo does this, however the raspyness included with the pops and bangs and the dump valve combined sounds awesome.

But I find leave it idle for 2-3 mins and it's fine.

My twingo does this, however the raspyness included with the pops and bangs and the dump valve combined sounds awesome.

But I find leave it idle for 2-3 mins and it's fine.

Must admitt my dump valve in the morning sounds epic but the smell is awful:smile::smile: