Coilovers that meet blue book road going regs

av4625

Paid Member
Hi! Bit of a different question for you guys.

I use my 197 only for sprints and might do the odd hill climb. So lap times are my main focus.

Gaz golds are at the top of my budget and they seem to be a good coilover for track and get good reviews for bang for buck.

I’d really like to run Gaz golds but the problem is, the blue book says that the springs must stay in the original location. :worried:

The only coilovers in my budget with a separate rear spring are B14’s which everyone says are a road coilover and yellowspeeds that also seem to be more road focussed. I see you can spec them with harder springs now, but that feels weird, not adjusting the damping and sticking on some hard springs.

I didn’t want to stretch to the more track focuses KW’s.

Would it be possible to run gaz golds with a separate rear spring (maybe with a yellowspeed adjustable rear spring cup?), or is this a bad idea?

You should speak to Gaz. They’re very accommodating when it comes to custom setups.
I dare bet they would have something on the shelf which you could fit.

Is it definitely the blue book which says the spring must remain in stock location, or your regs?

Reactions: av4625
As far as i'm aware the damping can be adjusted on the Yellowspeeds

It is adjustable, also they're monotube dampers front and back, B14s are only fronts.
They can have stiffer springs put on quite comfortably, as they have quite a big range of damping, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.
Also rear dampers allow you to set droop that B14s don't and finally come with adjustable top mounts standard too, more bonuses.

As said it might be worth speaking to Gaz or @R27WTF aka Matt from Supreme Motorsport see if he can help.

Reactions: av4625
You should speak to Gaz. They’re very accommodating when it comes to custom setups.
I dare bet they would have something on the shelf which you could fit.

Is it definitely the blue book which says the spring must remain in stock location, or your regs?

Yea, the blue book states this for cars in the road going class of speed events

Reactions: RSRowe