Coilovers or just lower

Right im going to take the car off the stilts it currently sits on now im in a bit of a dillema i dont plan on doing hundreds of track days albeit id like to do a few would this justify coilovers ? Or shall i just lower it on some springs in the same breath though i dont want to screw up the ride advice welcomed id also appreciate folk throwing some pics up and what you have on so i can visually see the diffrences on heights also whats the lowest recomended height before i start scrapping exhaust nose etc etc thanks

I Can show you mine in the flesh, h&r 40mm lowered on FF dampers, buts mines a 197 thou.

Surly this is just down to how much money you want to spend??

Not really mate higher end of the spectrum spend £1400 on kw,s will they try to smash my teeth out every time i drive it lower end pay £150 for some springs to make the car like a trampoline hence why im asking for feedback off people

I've got kw v1's for 800 ish from ktec need to fit them but my mates got same totally changes the car and I found comfort was better too tbh

I've got V3's, set up right they are very smooth. My mate said it is a better ride than his new golf gt tdi!

It's about what u want, looks, or track etc. u sound like u know the differences. Springs will be fine but coilovers are smoother and less crashy.

No point in lowering on springs and sacrificing the ride comfort if your keeping the same dampers ect may aswell go the coilover route and get the lowered look with added comfort and feel

I found the KW V3 on factory settings gave fairly similar ride comfort to full fat dampers with eibach springs, but they do handle better. Still need to find the time to play with the settings!