Coil rubber seal

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Hi
I recently found one of my coil's seals Just got worn and its floating up and around the coil( not sealing well) .
130faa8f4b8251d7894c5fe417935917.jpg
Any chance to buy it seperately?

The bolt holds it steady so pack it out with insulating tape if you want a better seal. Probably oil has perished the rubber I cant see this being a problem unless you are having problems?

No problems ,but i want it to be perfect and tight especially in this area( at oil services sometimes you miss and oil spread around it ).
And for the insulating tape im not sure it will hold the heat in it... I have a manufacturer tape that hold iirc 150 degress not sure its enough plus i prefer normal and original seal.
Right now the seal got bigger and nomore tight ,it covers the surface but its like 50/50 in and out .
Want to prevent oil from getting in there

Look at it with some logic. Swap the coil pack around if you want a tight seal next to the oil filler but it has been oil that has swollen the rubber seal it just stops dirt/oil/water entering the plug hole and falling into the cylinder when changing the spark plugs.
1. Buy a new coil pack you get a new seal and a spare coil.
2. You can boil the rubber to remove the oil and shrink, but may destroy it.
3. Cut out a small piece and superglue together again which will make it smaller.

Spilling oil has been the problem look into the hole and make sure no oil is in there it will not affect the performance and the engine will not exploded I don't understand why you posted this but I hope you get it sorted.

Sorted already ,thx anyway :smile:
And all youve said was the first ideas i thought of but i Just wanted to see if is it possible to get new one(seal) seperately thats it .

Reactions: Dean Cohen