Clutch Pedal Squeak

Rishi

Platinum Member
Anyone know a key area to lube up for a clutch pedal squeak?

It squeaks just as i lightly/barley touch the pedal, when the pedals being pushed down fully to change gear it doesn't squeak, just when my foot is slightly touching it

Funny how when you get one thing sorted another thing pops up :001_rolleyes:

This is the slave cylinder that actual squeaks. Have you changed the fluid I take it?
Mine does the same and some days fine others I just press slightly and squeaks away. It will be the internal seals I reckon on the new fluid.

This is the slave cylinder that actual squeaks. Have you changed the fluid I take it?
Mine does the same and some days fine others I just press slightly and squeaks away. It will be the internal seals I reckon on the new fluid.

Mine seemed to just be the hinges on the clutch pedal, quite a bit of play side to side on the pedal aswell, i can't feel it with my foot but if you grab it with your hand it will wiggle a bit side to side, i dont think it was slave cylinder because mine would squeak when you ever so slightly touched the pedal, barely even pushing it in. Just a hinge imo

ive just had this problem with a squeaky clutch pedal. at first i thought it was the pedal its self but after pressing the clutch in with the arm and it still doing it i decided to spay some grease on the pivot points. this did cure it for a day or so then it returned so out came the spanners. i tightened the two nuts that held the bracket to the foot well and this seems to have done the job, no more squeaky pedal :tongueout:roud: