Clutch help

Right its not a 200/197 but the misses has a clio DCI 100, 04 reg, I did ask on cliosport but got stupid answers.
I just need some one to confirm my suspisons on this, it is really difficult to change gear as in you have to have the clutch right down literly on the floor befor you can change gear, and is really heavy
Is it the clucth gone or something else?

sounds like it!

usually go heavy/stiff when on their last bit of life...

put it in say 4th gear with handbrake on hard and see if it will easily stall the engine with a few revs on...

You gotta love CS.

As fox says, hand beak on 4th and see if stalls.

Or 3rd against a curb and see if stalls lifting the clutch.

Slight chance it may need bleeding but unlikely.

Do you think the fly wheel, will need doing? The car has coverd 68k

you cannot really tell until the clutch is off but if the drive plate isnt down to the rivets then they are usually fine to be used again...

flywheels can suffer from cracks and blue hard spots on the drive surface so this is also worth noting!

Bump because I use the search (foxy will love me forever lol)

So after reading this, I think I've confirmed what I already thought - mine is on the way out. Is become very heavy over the past few weeks and I'm getting the occasional crunch into gear.

so the question begs, is there a choice of uprated clutches kits for these???

what's the going rate for changing a clutch these days?

Hopefully you won't slate me for having an opinion Rouge, but here goes.

I don't think an updated clutch will be required really, unless running big power (i'm unsure if you are running any big mods). As for price, with a new slave cylinder too I would imagine you're looking at £400 - 500. Parts alone are going to be close to £200 I think.

Bump because I use the search (foxy will love me forever lol)

So after reading this, I think I've confirmed what I already thought - mine is on the way out. Is become very heavy over the past few weeks and I'm getting the occasional crunch into gear.

so the question begs, is there a choice of uprated clutches kits for these???

what's the going rate for changing a clutch these days?

SteC has an uprated clutch available for the Clio, drop him a PM.