clunk when pulling away from cold???

ok

everytime the car has been stationary or not used for a few hours i get a clunk noise coming from the drivers footwell/lower engine area when i pull off

this only happens when i pull away once it doesnt do it again untill the car has stopped or turned off for a while

sounds like clu... schh noise , like something engaging and only does it above 10mph i think

once it is warm it simply doesnt do it

is it something to do with the brakes?

any ideas?

ok

everytime the car has been stationary or not used for a few hours i get a clunk noise coming from the drivers footwell/lower engine area when i pull off

this only happens when i pull away once it doesnt do it again untill the car has stopped or turned off for a while

sounds like clu... schh noise , like something engaging and only does it above 10mph i think

once it is warm it simply doesnt do it

is it something to do with the brakes?

any ideas?

Is it when you lift off the accelerator?

May be the brakes seizing slightly, i've had it at the back but not the front, I usually reverse to start, rather than forwards. Usually happens when i've left it settle after a long drive or coming back from holiday! Hopefully it's nothing for you to worry about :smile:

na its not the brake pads ive already experienced that on lol
this feels like its coming freom the pedal/engine bay area

like something engaging

yeah lol i love it... would be boring if it was perfect

i like fixing stuff lol but only if it is cheap

ABS pump self-test, it occurs at around 5-10 mph after every engine start, its perfectly normal.

All modern ABS equipped models do this, its more pronounced on some cars than others though...

The sound can also sometimes be heard after using the ABS extensively, i.e. after repeated heavy braking when you set off again (the pump 'primes' again).

My R26 does this, At first i thought it was a bit of plastic catching on something under the car. As you said though it only happens once, Then i found out on megsport its the ABS test thingy

mine does this aswell, only seems to be when i go to reverse off the drive in the mornings. my initial thought was the brakes seizing on but if its the ABS test thingy then we all good