Clio v6 Airbox purchase :-)

So i was lucky enough to come across a v6 airbox & small race battery for sale from [MENTION=52258]Wells[/MENTION] on here so grabbed it as i know the cup racers run them and interested so see what all the fuss was about! I went to collect today and would just like to say [MENTION=52258]Wells[/MENTION] is a really nice guy! He then offered to fit the whole lot for me as he knew how it all fit into place nicely as he had obviously had it in his 197 before! Didn't take long before it was all in and i'm very happy!! Thank you again for fitting! The problem is with the v6 airbox is that there's no cold feed to it but Wells had made a very simple but great piece of tube that runs along the front and points down into the intake allowing nice cool air to flow through. Ran very nicely on the trip home at a nice cool temp. Can feel the grumble of the v6 box when putting your foot down but unfortuntely can't hear it due to my exhaust lol! Here's a pic of how it look (engine bay needs a good clean!) Thanks again Wells, great guy!

11997388_10152977882797610_2049403374_n.jpg

Glad you're happy with it mate.
@DS197, [MENTION=52440]chris mcm[/MENTION] this is how I ran the cold air feed mentioned in the For Sale thread.

Last edited:
Nicely done mate :smile: Did you use the begining of the OEM pipe behind the grill and then attach the tube to it?

Last edited:
You get slightly better throttle response. Potential downside is a loss in power as is the case the all cold air intakes. Would need to test on a rolling road to confirm.