Clio Renaultsport 200 Gordini 013 from Finland. - Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antti O

Gold Member
The beginning:

Sorry for my poor english..

One year ago i sold my nimbus clio 197 which i had for 3 years, it was a such a great car. I replaced it with E46 3-series for daily driving. Last summer i found out it was just too boring and soft for proper weekend fun in small roads. First i considered and almoust bought E39 M5 which my friend had, it was suberb low mileage example. Then i thought it was too heavy bus and considered E46 M3 but pricetag was quite big here where all cars are really expensive compared to UK or Germany.

Then i focused for Clio 200 facelift. Unfortunately here where i live there is no 200 clios for sale. I searched cars from Germany and almost all cars which i found were cup models. We dont have good roads here and i was little worried about how stiff cup will be. I almost purchased aliengreen full fat with cup package and recaros but it was just too expensive after all import taxes etc. Also cambelt service must be done for that car.
That stripped cup was no option, because if i someday sell my BMW i might just drive winter too with clio. So full fat was preferred.

I did use searching agents in Finland car sell portal called nettiauto.com and one morning i got email from system that one BMW dealership has 2010 Clio 200 for sale which only has been done 40.000km which is something like 25.000miles. 1 Call later testdrive was scheduled, and week later i wrote my name in contract. Car is number 013 and it is imported from Checzh-Rebuplic 2014. No winter drive so far.

Gordini was not my favourite clio model, in fact i would like to have white or aliengreen or liquidyellow.. but this car condition, price and recent cambelt + oil service was so good thing, and i got a full 1 year guarantee too.
I drove 1 week, i did wash it every day if there is salt in the roads and weather was just horrible. Now car is in heated garage and i do have small plans for it. Already i have done:

-Replaced K&N panel filter with OEM renault filter
-Removed spacers

Car specifications:
-Renaultsport Clio 200 facelift, first registered 6/2010
-1270kg
-201hp
-6.9sec 0-100

Options:
-Gordini package (Malta blue pearl effect paint, silver gordini decals, 2 color wheels, folding mirrors, blue/black leather interior)
-Cup package
-Keyless go/start
-Bluetooth
-USB/AUX
-Tinted rear windows
-Rear window tinted more with foil.
-Cruise, auto a/c, rain sensor
-Akrapovic evolution full exhaust (original included)

Some pictures

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Interior model picture, my car do not have satnav.

medium.jpg

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of the Gordini styling, personally, but I do love that interior shot! Sounds, and looks, like you've found a properly good example :clap:

Any particular reason you replaced the K&N Filter with OEM?

Not a huge fan of the Gordini styling, personally, but I do love that interior shot! Sounds, and looks, like you've found a properly good example :clap:

Any particular reason you replaced the K&N Filter with OEM?

Hi

I share your opinion about gordini, i would pick another colour if there was cars for sale. We only had one red for sale but it has so much to do before it will be mint in my point of view i forget it. So you can see we have only 2 Clio 200 in my country, red and this Gordini.

I am little worried about oil which panel filters include. And i like to keep all vital things in engine in factory spec. I use only genuine filters.

Here is first little updates:

Oem air filter

medium.jpg

Engine bay

medium.jpg

Cleaned interior with kärcher machine

medium.jpg

Water was like this after first wash:

medium.jpg

Last edited:
I think the first thing to do is change the colour of the wheels and remove the stripes. White wheels might look good on a Gordini with the other bits it already has white, othewise the usual Cup style dark grey or black.

Interior is really nice, not seen it before. I think with the changes above to the outside the Gordini could look sweet.

I disagree with other people about the wheels! When I was looking for my Clio I fancied a Gordini but discounted so many because they didn't have the wheels that you have. I guess if we all liked the same thing life would be boring. Your car looks like the kind of Clio I was looking for. The right colour, wheels and cup chassis. I ended up buying a white 200 (not my favourite colour) with a black roof & black speedline wheels (which I don't like) but it was otherwise a beautifully specced car & I know it will be easy to sell when the time comes, though that won't be for a while as I intend to keep the car 10 years. I love your Gordini!

great motor :clap:

personally wouldn't change the wheels unless they were kerbed then would probably have them black instead of the blue

I think the first thing to do is change the colour of the wheels and remove the stripes. White wheels might look good on a Gordini with the other bits it already has white, othewise the usual Cup style dark grey or black.

Interior is really nice, not seen it before. I think with the changes above to the outside the Gordini could look sweet.

I think you're right there - remove the stripes and make the wheels just 1 colour and it would be a huge improvement. White wheels could look quite nice with the white from the front bumper.

Thanks for your comments.. :smile:

I have had this car only for 1 week. Maybe it is best in this phase just do maintenance & other stuff first and then later (next summer).. decide what i do with this.

I really dont know if i will do "de-gordini" in future, after all i personally like standard 200 look more as i said in the starting post. But in the same time this is only Gordini in Finland. It would be difficult decision to remove stripes and paint white bits in black. That is basically really difficult to change back to original Gordini look, i know those Gordini stripes cost honey&strawberries from Renault.

Foxspeed, my current wheels condition is 9.9/10, absolut no any kerbing damage. In fact if we dont speak about design and look those look suberb in nature, so shiny etc. Driving is also fun , no any vibrations etc.

Best option in my mind will be this kind of clio 200 cup alloys. Do someone know how much set will be in new?
I am also looking ebay etc if i can find used.. Part number?

6295084851_9ed2a1ed88_b.jpg

BTW. Do someone know if there should be black/blue velour mats in rear too? My car has black fabric mats in rear, front black/blue Gordini..

Last edited:
i'd keep the gordini stripes, the white bits and go for some white cup speedlines. i just think white goes much better with gordini blue, than black.

don't think there are blue/black gordini rear mats.

I found out that antrachite 200 cup alloy number is 8200926604.
Seems to be that set will be approx 1000£ new.

Last edited:
i would keep it Gordiny mate..whats the point of buying a Gordiny and then turn it into an ordinary 200 (no offence)..its a special edition and it should stay that way..or just get a 197 or 200...
its like buying a Raider and spraying it blue..

have fun with it :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.