Clio Red bull 2012 not starting

Hi guys,

Lets tell you tell what's going on climbed a kerb broke a rim busted 2 airbags Recaro side and curtain airbags stopped starting after that. Crash data cleared SRS module cleared airbags replaced. no more airbag light on dash :smile:.

• 1 Fault code pending could not find any info on it DF020 FRONT INTERIOR AERIAL CIRUCUIT( what ever that means).
  • Immobiliser is normal light goes off.
  • battery perfect.
Car cranks motor attempts to start but dose not.ESP/ESR deactivated pops up on dash only

Things I have done
  • TDC sensor cleaned and changed with new one still nothing (was working fine before accident)
  • Fuel pump works only when direct 12 volt power is applied from a external source i.e battery.
Things I know that are not working properly
  • Fuel pump PLUG is not giving any power at all ??????????
Rest of the car is in good nick just bloody wont start. Cleared all codes stored in numerous ECU such as SRS and Main ECU.

NO FAULTS except the one on top and I don't know what it is.

How can I get power to that plug any ideas cheers.

Which computers getting that fault code in? Can only find one reference to DF020...

Screenshot_20180530-134928.png

Last edited:
UCH are known to fail, given that it's cranking over it must be detecting the keycard? I guess you have two options, replace UCH or aerial...

Bit strange if it was working prior to the crash, are you sure the airbag computer isn't locked still? Did you actually replace the SRS module?

Last edited:
Do these not have a fuel cut off switch? I know some cars have a switch that triggers in an accident to stop power to fuel pump.

Edit: nope doesn't look like there is on these, sorry

Only way we've managed to do it in the past is replace the airbag computer from a similar specced vehicle.

I’ve managed to get my hands on clip everything is showing as no faults uch ucp I can actually test the whole car with clip all ecu are communicating together no problems vin numbers all match. How come I can’t get fuel or spark. Airbag module was cleared with carprog and clip pics it up as no issues all good .

If you've got CLiP then it sounds like all the multiplex network showed up green?

_20180227_073111.JPG

We're all the computers also green? If they show in red then it means there's a fault...

_20180222_170133.JPG

Did you check the SRS module is unlocked?

As said before sounds like either UCH or SRS module is bricked, there's no such thing as coincidence in my experience.

Multiplex network is all green except for the UCH that’s red Fault Showing internal aerial fault the ESP asr light is not turning on any more. The SrS module is showing greeen???? No impact detected vin matches there.

Do you recon the uch is cactus or srs is cactus. If so I have a demon Clio 197 I’m wrecking is it as simple as reprogramming the uch or nah.

Some more info on that fault...

Screenshot_20180607-235146.png

Sounds immobiliser related, I'm guessing that fault won't reset via CLiP? Gimme a mo. and I'll find where that sensor is located on ViSU.

Sorry I meant DF020 fault comes up front interior aerial in the uch read yr previous attach you sent ages ago couldn’t find any problems there.

Immobiliser would the car still crank?

I ran the command via clip for aerial fault finding didn’t come up with no faults.

I’m banging my head on the wall I can even test the fuel pump relay on clip Huns like a bee

The only thing I can’t test is ignition

Here you go... Front internal aerial is #1396 somewhere behind the centre console.

_20180608_003427.JPG

Wiring diagram back to the UCH...

_20180608_003436.JPG

I wouldn't expect it to crank no, but who knows. If CLiP shows a fault that's not fixed it normally shows a red dot next to the description, maybe the rear aerial works so it's detecting keycard but it needs the front aerial to run engine?? :confused:

Worst case you'll need to find a new UCH, I'm presuming you've tried a spare keycard?

I think there reprogramable via CLiP but I dunno about matching keycards, there must be a way but dunno if CLiP can do it or not.

Personally I'd chase the aerial fault till your out of all options, can't imagine it just throwing a random fault out if the UCH was dud. :think:

Maybe the impact caused the wiring to come loose... Stranger things have happened...

Last edited: