Clio RB197 LUX Project

LB197

Gold Member
Hi guys, thought id share my latest purchase, had this couple of days now and love it! Completely different to my 182 in every way, feels a lot newer and sturdier... whereas the 182 was a bit more planted and ragable.

This is one of the LUX 197's, sporting the Leather seats, grey/carbon dash trim, silver wing mirrors, raider (i think) wheels along with a few other extras.

Just want to get it all tidied up and wheels refurbed and then i might start looking into some subtle mods.

41434356904_9400baa1d4_b.jpg

42155054681_9400baa1d4_b.jpg

41434356384_4d128e16f8_b.jpg

40348194960_d8572de432_b.jpg

41434355944_46568569dc_b.jpg

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
Thanks guys, few things i’ll be looking into is a spoiler of some sort maybe an alternative from the cup one, the back looks as though its missing something! Also try and get the wheels refurbed in the raider grey which may be a little difficult?

Welcome! Im pretty sure its the same colour the 200 Cup wheels came in, which I think is this one:
lKP0sJo.jpg
Someone may be able to double check on that.

In terms of spoilers, the Cup is the go to for a lot of people. I personally like the Sprint spoiler (KTEC sell it) which is far more subtle or a spoiler from a GT Clio.

GT spoiler looks great and is just as good looking as the sprint imo.

Welcome! Im pretty sure its the same colour the 200 Cup wheels came in, which I think is this one:
(Attachment)
Someone may be able to double check on that.

In terms of spoilers, the Cup is the go to for a lot of people. I personally like the Sprint spoiler (KTEC sell it) which is far more subtle or a spoiler from a GT Clio.

Great thank you, at least i’ll have something to go off when i take it in [emoji1360]

GT spoiler looks great and is just as good looking as the sprint imo.

I’ll try to find one of those then, been looking at the sprint ones and thats exactly what i want but realistically after paint im looking at around £270 which is rather pricey for what it is really.

Great thank you, at least i’ll have something to go off when i take it in [emoji1360]

I’ll try to find one of those then, been looking at the sprint ones and thats exactly what i want but realistically after paint im looking at around £270 which is rather pricey for what it is really.
In the end I reckon the cost difference wouldn't be substantial, as the GT spoiler will need repainting and you need to find a donor Clio to get the boot lid off as you'll want the extended windscreen wash tube/wiring loom with the spoiler and it's base plate.

In the end I reckon the cost difference wouldn't be substantial, as the GT spoiler will need repainting and you need to find a donor Clio to get the boot lid off as you'll want the extended windscreen wash tube/wiring loom with the spoiler and it's base plate.

Yeah i get ya, looked at those gt spoilers and like you said would be around the same price.

Couple of little additions, some nice shiny exhaust tips and some old looking renaultsport surrounds for the numberplate, feels a bit more mine with my private plate on too :grinning:

28456581988_be9c468e81_b.jpg

27460409627_0e2e683968_b.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
Look at the colour difference between the first photos you posted and the last! LOVE how RB changes depending on the light.

Sprint spoiler is definitely what I'd go for. And £270 painted for such a decent sized piece of bodywork is very fair in my opinion!

Reactions: Beany
Look at the colour difference between the first photos you posted and the last! LOVE how RB changes depending on the light.

Sprint spoiler is definitely what I'd go for. And £270 painted for such a decent sized piece of bodywork is very fair in my opinion!

I know, i love this colour more than i thought, i had a black gold 182 before which looked mint in the sun and wanted something a bit more vibrant this time and this definitely stands out haha!

When you put it that way i guess its not that bad, i really do want a sprint one so looks like its gonna be a birthday present to myself [emoji23]

Reactions: ///M and Beany
I know, i love this colour more than i thought, i had a black gold 182 before which looked mint in the sun and wanted something a bit more vibrant this time and this definitely stands out haha!

When you put it that way i guess its not that bad, i really do want a sprint one so looks like its gonna be a birthday present to myself [emoji23]

Black gold is a really nice colour too. But you're right, RB is vibrant! On a sunny day with a bright blue sky behind it it's almost too much to handle. :smiley:

Reactions: LB197 and Beany