Clio R27 F1 nos 389 New Member

Hi I'm Dan
I've recently bought F1 nos 389 in Ultra Red with Roof Spoiler, Cup Wheels, Yellow Face Rev counter, Red seat belts, Carbon Handles & Alacantara Wheel Re Trim. I was told by the previous owner the yellow rev counter, cup wheels & red seat belts were factory ordered I don't know if this is true. I tried to get build details from the suppling dealer but with no luck. Any ideas or info would be great. This is my 3rd Clio sport I've owned a Williams 2 & a 182 the 197 is my favourite driver car of the 3 I plan to take it to EFI to get it re mapped then use it.

Attachments

• IMG_4187.JPG
    IMG_4187.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4020.JPG
    IMG_4020.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4025.JPG
    IMG_4025.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Sorry to say but I think someone's pulling your leg, don't think any of those were factory options for the R27... As for the yellow dials they're out of a 200, you could confirm with CLiP as the VIN will show up as different (from the car they came from). I'd make sure the mileage is correct as you can only change forward not backwards for obvious reasons. :thumb:

Gear knob isn't standard either but quite desirable (and bloody expensive!), you can read more here... https://clio197.net/threads/clio-197-buyers-guide.19788/

p.s. Looks like @fireheed and @Deer_Dodger were previous owners, this is how it used to look... :sunglasses:

20161213_1130511-jpg.103245

There's a progress thread from @Deer_Dodger... https://clio197.net/threads/ur-197-f1-team-r27-progress-thread.57625/

Last edited:
Thanks for all this information / pics I didn't think that it was factory but I knew I would be in the right place to ask the question. According to all the MOT .gov and service history the miles are correct at 77k. I shall have a look the links you sent with interest someone must have loved it to be bothered to do all these bits to it...cheers

The clocks are probably original as it's pretty easy to swap the foil to that from a 200

The clocks are probably original as it's pretty easy to swap the foil to that from a 200

Not quite, not all the indicators are in the same place and 200 has an extra light for cruise control the 197 dial doesn't have...

Also, the old threads indicate they're 200 dials. If in doubt though see if it beeps with the shift light as only 200 dials had that :wink:

Reactions: Dave W and Sean197