Clio exhaust, but different

Has anyone ever thought of fitting two motorbike cans to a 197? I want to try something new with mine and have the gear to fabricate my own exhaust. Main concern is the heat as i am aware bike exhaust run hotter than car exhausts, so may not work to good with the diffuser. I would look at fitting two race cans and either leaving the mid box out or replace it if to loud.
Comments please.

I had a micron CF can on my R1 engine kit car. Its the headers that get super hot. The CF was deffo cooler as I washed the car a few times from hot and the can never boiled the cool washing water, but the mani/collector etc did. The length of the system was probably 2-3 ft shorter too.

You can get cheap 2nd hand CF cans on Ebay. Most are repackable too. Just drill out the rivet, restuff to your liking (although quite a skill to get the DB's down) and rivent back up together

Going to have a play this weekend ive got a akrapovic cf race can so will see how it looks behind the diffuser. Does anyone no if the 197 is loud with the back box removed?

Ok ive got the mid silencer removed so would prob be abit loud with it removed. I only ask as im taking it off to try the bike exhaust and cba to put it back on while i get the new one made.

I had a look at the weekend got the backbox off, having the centre box removed i now have a join by the middle hanger, so came off easy enough. Was far to loud with the backbox off sounded like a group n exhaust. Need to decide how to sit the bike cans as they wont fit through the holes in the diffuser. I dont really want to do away with it as i think they look the part, so decision decisions.

I dont understand why?

And like you said, the diffuser covers them and the outlet on the cans will need extending or the holes in the diffuser opening up

I think im goin to just put them as far as they will go, they will just have to be out of view with the tip sticking out the back. Reason i am wanting to do this is because the backbox is rattling and i had twin micron race cans on a c20xe corsa and they sounded awesome if it doesnt work out i will get a miltek cat back.