Clio 200 Vs Clio 200 Trophy

Haha i knew! There is no better than the 200 n/a still the title holder [emoji123] [emoji123]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, a bit muffed that he classed the 197 as slightly off colour model range, i take it the poor guy could nt afford one back then... LOL
The fact is, the new stuff will never touch the magic we know and feel everyday behind our machines, articles like these just make me never wanna sell mine so thanks for the post.. I'll hang onto my french lady and will not trade up. :wink:

Good read, not driven a 200t or 220t so really can't comment on them. Neither have I driven the 200, is there really that gulf in difference between the 197 and 200 ? From anyone who has driven both ?

Agree [MENTION=53322]VolumeX[/MENTION] that's why I'm not selling mine, unless I move abroad.

The thing is that the 197s have depreciated so much now (and aged really well) that it makes it so much car for the money, by the same token you are not that much better off if you sell it anyway.

Good read, not driven a 200t or 220t so really can't comment on them. Neither have I driven the 200, is there really that gulf in difference between the 197 and 200 ? From anyone who has driven both ?

No, not at all Chris. The difference as you probably know is slightly more focused suspension, 1 mm thicker front ARB and 7% quicker rack. I had all these on my Clio (before I move to AST) and even though it made a difference it wasn't so noticeable so as to justify the article's comments about the 197's transformation from a disappointing 182's successor to a hatch king. Not at all.

Yeah, the 200 was and is a more a finer tweak than anything else, I mean most of the parts and layout are based on a proven formula which was already there. I also cant see why the 182 was labelled as disappointing? I think the 182 was great, it made Reno work harder on really putting the hot hatch theme to bear!
Without the 182 there would not be such a good handling 197 or 200! IMHO of course.

You have megane ( non cup 250) and you prefer it all over them? 197 200 cup 220 t trophy?
Thats weird[emoji15] maybe just maybe i could understand that situation with a 265 cup/75 trophy ( but just maybe)
But its all about taste !( for me i think i would prefer my non cup 200 over a 265 cup meggie)

Last edited:
You have megane ( non cup 250) and you prefer it all over them? 197 200 cup 220 t trophy?
Thats weird[emoji15] maybe just maybe i could understand that situation with a 265 cup/75 trophy ( but just maybe)
But its all about taste !( for me i think i would prefer my non cup 200 over a 265 cup meggie)

Have you driven a megane 250 or a clio 220t?

No, not at all Chris. The difference as you probably know is slightly more focused suspension, 1 mm thicker front ARB and 7% quicker rack. I had all these on my Clio (before I move to AST) and even though it made a difference it wasn't so noticeable so as to justify the article's comments about the 197's transformation from a disappointing 182's successor to a hatch king. Not at all.

Kind of thought that [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION], absolute happy with the 197 will not be letting it go any time soon. Just bought a 172 cup for track in really good condition. Engine out next week to fit clutch kit,timing belt,waterpump, dephaser and then hopefully 1st track day very soon. Then hopefully after a couple of track days in the 172 will take the 197 on track. Sorry for going off topic!