Clio 200 to s2000

Hey guys. So it's been just over a year since I parted ways with my clio 200 in order to buy one of my dreams cars. A Honda s2000.

Just thought I'd share a few photos and progress since I've had the car for those interested :smile:

One of my old clio
18056832444_b801d3ae6b_b.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr

And then this is how I picked up the S.
Compete bog standard and a prefect starting point to make my own personal touches to.
18653142436_259f9115e9_b.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
18491753340_a1008a3bd4_b.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr

How it sat up to about 4 weeks ago
18649830256_5d2fc00f5a_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
18676156195_7bbdd48d91_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
18489967269_b56756807c_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr

And then I lowered it some more and removed hardtop for the better weather [emoji1]

19825363092_91aeac047a_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
19806539976_3528f58b19_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
19837586801_004a679151_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
19446395769_193892ab98_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr
19837582851_9da7b00137_h.jpgimage by Tim Long, on Flickr

Current spec is:

Exterior / Aero
Rockstar Garage full carbon fibre hardtop (Mugen rep)
OEM front lip
Backyard Special duckbill / APR GTC-200 wing
APR front splitter
Veilside strakes
Professionally rolled fenders, slight flare of around 10mm, rear bumper cut and tab relocated
Debadged and smoothed front, rear and sides

Interior
Custom carbon kevlar pole positions
Buddyclub low position seat rails
Seatbelt extenders
Skunk2 weighted shift knob
CR radio door

Engine / Drivetrain
K&N fipk intake
Toda torque-kun header
Skunk2 Megapower exhaust
Berk 70mm decat
Hondata Flashpro

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes
MeisterR Zeta R coilovers
Megan Racing driveshaft spacers
Hardrace rear toe control arms
Hardrace steering rack spacers
Energy Suspension full polybush kit
Cusco ALC OS front strut bar
Geo bolts replaced

Geo spec:
Front camber -2
Front toe (total) 0
Caster 6

Rear camber -3.4
Rear toe (total) 0.4

Wheels and Tyres
Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 (square)
Hankook Ventus Evo v12 245/40/17 (square)
Muteki sr35 lug nuts

Accessories / misc
Spoon rocker cover
Cusco slam panel
Polished cross beam member cover
Mugen oil cap
Password JDM anodised engine bay bolts
Password JDM radiator stays
Spoon reservoir covers

Electronics
Pioneer Headunit

Thanks for looking.

Both cars looking fantastic! I came across a couple of S2000 adverts when shopping for the Clio, but I just couldn't justify the extra costs and lack of practicality for the S2K.

How does the driving experience compare to the Clio? Does it feel much quicker on a hoon?

Looking good, you have put a lot of time and effort into that - that is quite a list! I'm interested too in what the drive is like too, with it being a 2.0 n/a, but RWD.

Both cars looking fantastic! I came across a couple of S2000 adverts when shopping for the Clio, but I just couldn't justify the extra costs and lack of practicality for the S2K.

How does the driving experience compare to the Clio? Does it feel much quicker on a hoon?

Thanks mate. Tax is the killer at £485.
When it as stock engine with just an exhaust and intake it did definitely feel quicker than the clio in a straight line anyway. The S is definitely more eventful, definitely more fun to drive and it makes you concentrate fully, 100% of the time to what you're doing. They can be ruthless if not driven right-wing especially in the wet (near binned it within the first few days).
The rear does like to slide out in the wet, but it's how you control. When you aren't use to it, you would tend to hit the brakes mid turn, or remove your foot from the gas, thus breaking traction and well, the car doesn't like that one bit.

If you are approaching a corner to quick, the breaking should be done before the corner to allow yourself to gradually ease on the gas throughout the corner, keeping traction. If it sides, ease off the gas gentle, but never fully lift foot off or it will spit you onto the other side of the road.

In the dry it's a completely different story. Grip is fantastic, excellent driving machine, more so than the clio, and it just feels prefect, especially with the drop top. I do feel I could drive the clio faster, or at least it felt like that. The S has you always on edge, but that's all part of the driving experience and I love it.

Loved my clio I really did, but I'd never go back after this.

very nice S2k, looks like a weapon!
Thanks bud :smile:

very nice - bet you fear road humps with it tho...
Speed bumps are a no no lol. Already had issues with my fenders and speed bumps.

Looking good, you have put a lot of time and effort into that - that is quite a list! I'm interested too in what the drive is like too, with it being a 2.0 n/a, but RWD.
Thanks mate. It's taken a lot to get out to where it is atm but it's far from finished. I don't think it will ever be"finished" tbh. I've got a front splitter and wing to fit in next couple of weeks for extra downforce and maybe a voltex rear diffuser and I'll need to ease of the spending for a while to save up for other things.

Then I'll likely go for more aggressive fitting wheels, and a turbo [emoji41]

See above for the bit about the drive.

Looks very nice mate. I had an EP3 before my clip and it was definitely a faster car but it did not handle like the clio. I really wanted an S2000 before the Clio but they're uncompromising handling put me off slightly! You can get away with a lot in the civic / Clio and remain unscathed! :smiley:

Looks very nice mate. I had an EP3 before my clip and it was definitely a faster car but it did not handle like the clio. I really wanted an S2000 before the Clio but they're uncompromising handling put me off slightly! You can get away with a lot in the civic / Clio and remain unscathed! :smiley:

Adds to the excitement. The S2000 fantastic handling. Once you get used to them they are amazing. Don't let the horror stories put you off. I'd highly recommend one

I've got a mate with a S2000, had it for 3 years and then spun it on the first corner at the 'ring because the handling caught him out.
Also got a neighbor that had one for a few months and wrote it off on a wet roundabout into a streetlight!

I've got a mate with a S2000, had it for 3 years and then spun it on the first corner at the 'ring because the handling caught him out.
Also got a neighbor that had one for a few months and wrote it off on a wet roundabout into a streetlight!

That's a bit of bad luck. Handles like a dream. I do go easy with her in the wet though.

I do like the S2000 but the possibility of being caught out doesn't appeal to me. I have had a few close calls in the Clio already by being too enthusiastic, and that's uber forgiving! I do find the back end can get a little jittery when you really step on the brakes but I guess lost cars would suffer the same way. It's pretty damn composed overall though. I do love the little machine!