Clio 200 Diff in a 197 Box?

dgo130

Paid Member
Hello

Can anyone help, I have been give a Clio Cup 200 Standard Diff and wondered if it will fit in a 197 Cup Box, is there any great advantage to doing this?

Also if the box is going to be overhauled as well what recommendations on clutch etc as its only used for Track Days.

Thanks

It’ll fit as the only difference is the gear ratios and the synchro between the 3 different gear boxes.

Also there is no standard 200 cup lsd

@Beany so worth doing then if I have been given it? Any recommendation on Clutch for track?
If you’ve been given a diff I’d put it in!

I’ve tracked mine like many others on a standard clutch but if you can afford it whilst gearbox is out and uprated on it best if it’s just a track toy

Reactions: dgo130
If it's a standard diff though, it won't have any benefits will it? or will it? I didn't think they were limited slip or anything
If it’s a standard one they’ll be no difference! It’s only the r26 megs that came with an lsd standard. The one from the 200 will be just newer!

Reactions: lewishunter98
It'll be no different. Much more cost effective to change the gearbox if you need one, if not then leave it alone and spend the cash elsewhere.

Reactions: Foxspeed