Clio 197 Ultra Red 2007 from Finland. April, time to start driving.

Yep, 4x4 would be ideal here. But all fast 4wd cars are quite expensive.

I had problem with brakes, even i let pedal all way up i found out for example in little upphill car would not roll in reverse direction so easy it should. Yesterday i took rear brakes apart, and found out that pads were rusted stuck in caliber.
I cleaned those metal clips with wet / dry sandpaper + water, cleaned all the parts and put coppergrease + brakegrease in correct places. Now there is no any more problems with brakes. I have to clean front brakes too when i have time to do it.

Some pictures, no any showroom clean here.
10 years in Finland salt and dirt.

medium.jpg

I cleaned sliders and rubbers
medium.jpg

All assembled and pads moving easily, copper grease in correct place.
medium.jpg

One more picture from saturday, i miss you sun.
Forecast for next 10 days will be overcast and grey..

medium.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
Current weather, not so interesting to work with cars. It will be like this february, march..
This winter we dont have snow, or so much we used to have. Climate warming? Whole winter temperature has been approx 0c or -2c and they pour salt everyplace. Highways are like brown syrup. :smirk:
When i was young we had many months real winter like half of meter of snow and -15c - 30c.

big.jpg

Last edited:
Time for new stabilizer links

TRW JTS432 (OEM part)

medium.jpg

Fitted, and i sprayed wood tar for protection.

medium.jpg

do you use normal winter tyres or modified??
great pictures..we dont have any snow here so very jealous of these photos...also fun when you want to use your hand brake

do you use normal winter tyres or modified??
great pictures..we dont have any snow here so very jealous of these photos...also fun when you want to use your hand brake

Hi
Currently i have nokia hakkapelitta 4 stud tyres 215/45/17. We have to drive with winter tyres between december and february, it is in law. Most people do change winter tyres in october and they change summer tyres in end of april. Winter is loooong..
This winter has been bad, not so much snow. We only have maybe 5-10cm. Some years ago we had 50cm of snow, it was real fun to drive with snowmobiles in frozen lakes and forests. We do have some routes for snowmobiles here.

Unforunately this winter has been so warm, it is not fun. All really dirty if tempeature is +0 or more. Car has to be wash once / week to avoid rusting. I like if winter is like -25celsius and lot of snow, car stays clean :wink:
I dont play with handbrake any more, it was fun when i was young. :smiley:

Hakkapelitta 4, typical Finnish winter tyre. They make weird sound because studs.

85174.jpg

that looks great..bet they stick really well..thanks
has it been really mild this winter??maybe global warming??

that looks great..bet they stick really well..thanks
has it been really mild this winter??maybe global warming??

I think it is, when i was young we had usually really cold winter and lot of snow.
Now it is what it is. Unfortunately. I am person who likes -20c or -30celsius, clear days and snow.
Warm winters means dirt and it is moist all the time.

yeah i know..used to be same in the Czech,where i come from...lots of snow and -20 too..although,this winter has been really cold back home..not a lot of snow though..P_20170107_032943_1_p[1].jpg

If i remember correctly we had -20celsius for 3-4 days this year. Luckily i have pre-heating system in my clio 197.
Is there similar products use in Chezch?

no never heard of anything like this...may be useful though in your part of the world..

no never heard of anything like this...may be useful though in your part of the world..

Yes it is. Parts are approx 200euros , when there is negative tempeatures it is so much fun to start your morning when car interior is heated and engine. No typical 197 kangarooing, and oil + coolant is warm. Engine likes.
I am sure you can buy this kind of products from Sweden, Finland or Norway. Maybe they ship pre-heating system parts overseas too? We have these kind of systems 9 cars of 10.

Today small repair painting
2 layers ultra red paint, wetsanding + polishing.
After this is ready, i will polish entire bumper with rotary polisher.
This damage which you see is caused some years ago when another person reversed and hit this car. Only damage was luckily these marks. I am not expert in touch up, but i have to try.

Before
full.jpg
full.jpg
After
full.jpg

full.jpg
I have to paint these again, wet sanding took some paint off.
This red is not 100% correct colour as you can see. It might be better after i do more work for this lover part.
full.jpg
Forum stickers
full.jpg