Clio 197 F1 footwell multiplug wiring

olivier GIROD

Paid Member
Hi all, first post here! I have a 197 F1 that got quite wet 2 days ago (plugged drains + huge storm, so loads of water dumped in the footwells).
The Alarm went off at night, etc... the usual water in the footwell horror story.
I've got the car stripped and dried out, but 2 wires broke from corrosion (in the multiplug that's in the footwell). I've crimped new pins, but I can't tell for sure where the wires go in the connector.
If anyone has a wiring diagram or a photo that would be super helpful!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-13 at 10.53.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-13 at 10.53.33.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 23
Double check everything I am assuming the number 8 connector has an unconnected pin in it check the boot alarm connector passenger side to make sure pin 5 is RG (red) and you can see on the last diagram that pin 2 BJ (Beige) that runs to the green passenger seat connector number 11 that's also missing I am wandering if someone has cut those wires to silence the alarm due to other electrical problems I'm guessing the car is new to you.
1597412196309.png

@turkie172 She's running again now, thanks a bunch! Yes, had it just under a year and that's the first problem I had with it (got another 2 mk2 Clios, one with loom problems also...). The previous owner got it from new and kept it standard, I haven't seen any evidence of tampering in the wires and as far as I can tell the alarm works as it should

Last edited: