Cleaning the RS200 fron bumper?

Hello!

Does anybody have any good advice for cleaning & maintaining the shiny black inserts on the Clio RS200 front bumper? I have only just realised they appear to be made from moulded black high gloss plastic and not painted! I have a few light 'scratches' on mine and a little bit of work with some Auto Glym SRP didn't seem to touch them!

I am assuming they can be replaced if they get excessively shabby??

Thanks for any advice....

How much would that cost? I think this would be cheaper than painting them! A carbon wrap might look quite smart.....

Might look out of place with a shiny black roof and black alloys though.

U could matt ure alloys and then vynil wrap the roof and bumper for the same price as a spray probably

The roof is painted in the Renault I.D. gloss black but the wheels are satin black Speedlines... I get the feeling the black plastic bumper insert will get in a real mess with increasing mileage... :-(

It does, mine is in a right mess. Looks like its been used for target practice.

A new one costs about £90, not sure how much a blade costs

What idiot decided to use the crappy high gloss plastic that modern TVs are made from for the front of a high performance car?!? :-( At least is can be replaced!!

This is one of the primary reasons i did the mirror caps, wheels and front gloss black bit and blade. Not only to protect but also change the appearance. If you don't like it, it will come off :tongueout:roud:

7242712720_2b72ebdf22.jpg

7242722754_7c9dfeb7d5.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions