Cleaning and Graffiti Wall - *lots of pics*

Like everyone else this weekend I decided to give the car a bath. Now maybe not like everyone else, my car hadn't been cleaned since November! It was rotten, inside and out and TBH it had been pissing me off since Xmas, but I've just had no spare time on the weekends!

I'll not bore all the non-detail obsessed people with a write up, because it really was just a wash (or two) and a hoover inside. I also took the chance to try out some new products (Auto Finesse ObliTARate - impressive) and also have a play around with some harsher pads and polish combos on my car before I tackle TWO other black 197's over the next few weeks.

Here's how she started life (also missing a wheel cap which I replaced):

13062919944_7380bc7cbf_b.jpg
IMG_8091 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

And some finished shots.
13062561565_9f9e3c885a_b.jpg
IMG_8177 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062845254_04b6116127_b.jpg
IMG_8184 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062758074_8a7995736b_b.jpg
IMG_8214 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062381835_66ab1acb7b_b.jpg
IMG_8241 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062475653_513de69bf7_b.jpg
IMG_8257 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062626154_f2357852b4_b.jpg
IMG_8266 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062381193_b756d8e483_b.jpg
IMG_8274 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062539204_87bd200a66_b.jpg
IMG_8277 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_8284 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062118915_067901827f_b.jpg
IMG_8298 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr
13062354054_53d8c7ed9b_b.jpg
IMG_8315 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

Great shots mate! Love how mean the 197 looks from the front (with projectors/xenons).

+1 to enter them in the monthly competition!

Thanks for the comments guys! Don't worry, I'll make sure the picture is in the POTM :wink: :smiley:. I'm fairly happy how they came out, as it was a bit spur of the moment and a bit rushed. (You can tell by all the cock ups, like my visors being down lol).

Shots were taken in Sheffield centre Pearman, about 5pm yesterday there's a bit empty car park and all the buildings around it are covered in graffiti. I'm gonna go back at some point for some better planned pics.

You're right Stevo, the bumper is slightly out, it's pretty common on the 197s. It drives me nuts, I keep saying I'm gonna fix it then never get round to it!

I think the problem will be the point where the bumper and wing bolt together. The bolt with age will shear off when an attempt to remove it is made without blasting it with WD well before putting a spanner on it. Some owners then just bodge the repair with a tie wrap or similar which results in the panels being out of line.

I removed mine before they started to corrode and replaced them with well greased stainless fasteners.

I think the problem will be the point where the bumper and wing bolt together. The bolt with age will shear off when an attempt to remove it is made without blasting it with WD well before putting a spanner on it. Some owners then just bodge the repair with a tie wrap or similar which results in the panels being out of line.

I removed mine before they started to corrode and replaced them with well greased stainless fasteners.

exactly what happened to me when I removed my bumper to change my HID's :worried: . The bolt just sheared off while trying to undo it. I still have all my tools from when I was on the spanners in my last job. Don't intend to bodge it I'm going to drill it and use some "easy out's" and replace the bolt ( guessing its a dealer only part) and use a bit of copper slip on the new bolt

some great pics there mate, but I have to say your not helping my ocd in anyway you need to have a centre cap before molton :wink:

I don't think it's anything to do with it being removed. I don't think the bumper has ever been off the car. (I've had it since its first service). TBH it's pretty much always been like that since new, but does seem to have gotten worse over time, I really should do something about it :smiley:.

some great pics there mate, but I have to say your not helping my ocd in anyway you need to have a centre cap before molton :wink:

It's done dude! It's in pics 8 and 9, I got a new one off eBay the other week and popped it in while I was cleaning, It was depressing me without it.

I don't think it's anything to do with it being removed. I don't think the bumper has ever been off the car. (I've had it since its first service). TBH it's pretty much always been like that since new, but does seem to have gotten worse over time, I really should do something about it :smiley:.

It's done dude! It's in pics 8 and 9, I got a new one off eBay the other week and popped it in while I was cleaning, It was depressing me without it.

This looks lovely mate, did you have to remove any swirls or anything when using the auto finesse stuff? I've a black 197 and am contemplating paying a detailer a few hundred quid to do my car but feel I may be able to tart it up myself if the jobs done correctly :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions