Check Emissions warning with Akra?

Paul

Platinum Member
Just picked the Clio up after a weeks holiday and the Check Emissions warning message is on the dash from start up and spanner light is lit up too.

As it was 3am I had to drive home, checked again this morning and it's still on.

Had a Akra exhaust fitted two weeks ago, so I suspect something to do with that although it was fine for the 1200 miles I have driven with it on, until now!

Any thoughts on what to check?

It's the Evo system so still has the pre cat which should be fine to pass emissions for MOT IIRC.

Just find it odd that it was fine for so many miles but isn't now it's been sat for a week.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the exhaust. I've never had an issue and not heard if this before. Could be a dodgy sensor maybe?

I've got the stock system with a decat, no light here. Best check with a scanner, could be completely unrelated to the exhaust.

Make sure the post cat lambda sensor is installed properly

Also find out if any exhaust paste or sealant was used on the joint prior to the sensor. When warm this can screw them up

Also check the fuse for the 2nd lambda sensor as they need a current to heat them to get a reading

Normal AFR post cat is 14:1 with and 8-10% tolerance either way

If your pre cat is still installed the AFR should be fine

Thanks all, think I've found the problem - ride height... I suspect I've knackered one of the sensors when I've come in/out of the carpark.

2equqa7a.jpg

I don't think it should look like that

Like I say, stick some paper over the orange light and it be rite

Last edited by a moderator: