Cheap and easy snow-foaming.....................

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
At least i hope so !

Been wanting to be able to snow-foam for ages. But with layout of the gaff................getting water, hoses, power and long enough leads out the front to do the motor would be a bind.

I toyed with the idea of a Gilmour Foamaster (Around £50), but have just bought a Chinese copy (£20). I may go pressure washer if im underwhelmed but this might be interesting as a 1st attempt:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272221136563?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Add in some decent SnowFoam.....that's actually recommended for these hose-fed SnowFoam attachments:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262058175395?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And hopefully i'll get something like this. As long as i can get rid of alot of the road-film, dust and loose dirt without having to touch the car, or resort to a really high pressured jet - i'll be more than happy: [2 minutes 40 seconds in shows max foam thickness]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2R0_iW5w0

My Nilfisk literally just exploded on me but I replaced it with the rather dinky Karcher K2 which is just £48 at the moment in homebase. The more expensive version with various attachments is a waste of money. The point that I am (eventually) getting to is that the Autobrite Lance is the absolute business, however, mine has the attachment for a Nilfisk so I'll have to get one for the Karcher now. [emoji1304] I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this but I'd honestly be surprised if it's up to a great deal. If you're not going to buy a pressure washer then a really good hand pressure sprayer and a pre-wash like the Valet Pro Citrus one will make a huge difference.

MJJC foam lance from aliexpress does the work properly, price is under 15£ for full working foam lance. It is copy from PA lance.

Autobrite Direct lance paired with Krystal Klean Details 'Blizzard' snow foam :smile:

Nonetheless I'll be interested to hear your results dude [MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION]

My Nilfisk literally just exploded on me but I replaced it with the rather dinky Karcher K2 which is just £48 at the moment in homebase. The more expensive version with various attachments is a waste of money. The point that I am (eventually) getting to is that the Autobrite Lance is the absolute business, however, mine has the attachment for a Nilfisk so I'll have to get one for the Karcher now. [emoji1304] I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this but I'd honestly be surprised if it's up to a great deal. If you're not going to buy a pressure washer then a really good hand pressure sprayer and a pre-wash like the Valet Pro Citrus one will make a huge difference.

I've got a hand-pressure sprayer already that i used to apply APC with pre-wash. Thought this might be a stage further. Maybe i'll be wrong.......:wink:

Just thought if i've JUST got a hose out - i can whack this on and job done in one hit. Not often car get filthy anyway.

I really dont want to go down the pressure washer route if i can help it. But by the sound of it; some of you guys know better already.

Why do you want to avoid a pressure washer [MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION]? It's one of the best things that I have ever bought for me car (justified to the wife by wildly claiming that I'd use it to clean the driveway and patio....it has been used for this purpose once in about 7 years of having them). They really are awesome for cleaning your car, their more economical in their water use (if that kind of thing bothers you) and they enable you to use a greater range of detailing products, including some of my favourites from the Gyeon range.

The alternative, a hand sprayer will do much the same as a snowfoam and, to be honest, a huge amount of snowfoams don't have a frat deal of cleaning power - all drama and very little result. I'm particularly directing this accusation at Magifoam (amongst others) which is actually useless stuff.

I've had better results with this than many snowfoams: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valeting-and-bulk/valet-pro-citrus-pre-wash/prod_728.html

Why do you want to avoid a pressure washer @sevenfourate? It's one of the best things that I have ever bought for me car (justified to the wife by wildly claiming that I'd use it to clean the driveway and patio....it has been used for this purpose once in about 7 years of having them). They really are awesome for cleaning your car, their more economical in their water use (if that kind of thing bothers you) and they enable you to use a greater range of detailing products, including some of my favourites from the Gyeon range.

The alternative, a hand sprayer will do much the same as a snowfoam and, to be honest, a huge amount of snowfoams don't have a frat deal of cleaning power - all drama and very little result. I'm particularly directing this accusation at Magifoam (amongst others) which is actually useless stuff.

I've had better results with this than many snowfoams: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valeting-and-bulk/valet-pro-citrus-pre-wash/prod_728.html

I've got a reasonable sized detached house, and the current hose outlet is right round the back. This means everything (Power, hosepipe etc) has to come right around the back, along the side and then the front and back on itself along the front to get to where the cars are parked.

Either than or run them through the house and out of front door or through a window. Meaning doors jammed open or some other mallarky. Or have a new tap proudly on show at the front of the house ! None of which sound very attractive options.

That and the fact - since i've had the 200........for the first time ever i'm parking in the garage. Which means i cleared that and have transferred everything to the shed. So i have no room in the garage to store one and would be a right pain in the shed now as thats crammed too.

I suppose i could get a new tap fitted somewhere and "conceal" it. But that means alot of pipework to where would be ideal. Or maybe come out of downstairs toilet - into garage, up to the roof, then out through fascia board with a fitting left dangling to couple up to. All in all a ball-ache whichever way i go, and ive got no issues using a Citrus Pre-Wash from a pump like i do now TBH.

Point being; by the time i've faffed with hoses, got the pressure-washer out, dragged that to the front, hooked some leads up and run that round, made sure the dogs not escaped, back to turn it all on and then snow-foamed etc - i could have just wacked some Citrus pre-cleaner in a pump, finished that and be halfway through cleaning it. With far-far less to tidy away afterwards. Or ive got a jet-wash 2 mins up the road, which again for rinsing / under arches etc is probably quicker, easier and cheaper.

Can you tell im not feeling it lol

I do NOT blame you!! I couldn't be hooped with all that hassle either!!! The citrus pre wash stuff is decent and, as I say, a lot of snowfoams are disappointing in their ability to actually loosen and shift dirt. I'd probably just pop the pre wash on just round the corner from your local jet wash place and spray it off before it dries.

Experiment started 6.17pm. Experiment over 6.18pm.

As an easy way to apply some sort of APC / pre-cleaner etc this thing is super easy / quick / clean to use as opposed to pump, spray-bottle etc. And i shall continue to use it as such. You can then just pull the gun / reservoir off and purely use the handle / trigger to rinse off with just water as per normal. As a Snow-Foamer though - it failed miserably......

http://vid250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/sevenfourate/Random/IMG_4534_zps7izlhjzw.mp4

****And yes - wifes car was the guinea-pig :smile: