Changing pads..

My front pads are starting to get low so thought id splash out while i have a bit of time off work..
I managed to get a decent price on some EBC Redstuff ceramic pads, which made me happy! What wasn't so pleasing is all 4 retaining pins have welded themselves to the calipers.
I managed to get the first 2 free (almost busting the caliper in the process ;/)
and at the expense of the pins. So i phone renault and ask for a set of pins. They tell me they come as part of a kit and cost £25 plus vat. Im thinking not too bad, but when the kit arrives its only one side! So now I have to order another kit totaling £60. Gutted. Now I just gotta hope I can get the other 2 pins out without busting the caliper!! or it could become real costly.

Has anyone else had trouble with the retaining pins?

The 2 retaining pins are buggers for bending and breaking. The best way to prevent is to keep you caliper really clean

a couple of carefully placed hammer blows does the trick and of course a proper smack with the hammer/punch will dislodge them :wink:

Had the pads out of my front calipers the other day and gave everything a really good clean, before re-copper-slipping and greasing the relevant parts.

I wasn't looking forward to doing it after reading about seized in pins, but i made a small punch and with the lightest of taps the pins slid out. Bonus.:thumbup: