"Catching" noise on wheel/brake?

When I'm driving, i can hear a high pitched noise as if something on the brakes is rubbing/catching? I've took it to renault twice and they're saying they can't find anything. The brakes have been cleaned twice by them now so it's nothing to do with cleanliness/brake dust im assuming. It's annoying the living **** out of me! help?

It's usually a little louder at one point of each wheel revolution, maybe when the brake caliper is closest to me in the driver seat?

could be wheel balancing causing the noise. if Renault have checked twice and theres no signs of anything loose/rubbing, then im guessing that's fine, the last thing they want is a claim of a brake failure aftet they've checked it, so im guessing they've been checked thoroughly. so try the wheel balancing, if not, what condition are your tyres in?

Does the noise go if you lightly touch the brakes? I've got a noise similar to what you describe that dissapears when applying the brakes. I'm fairly certian I just need to either have a good hard braking session and get them really hot, or give them a strip and clean. Either way i'm sure it's brake related.

yeah chris it does! Gez i think the tyres are ok. Bought the car from Renault 2 months ago, contisports on. will have 18k miles on now though...

My last car done that, drove 30 miles to the nearest toyota garage as it was under waranty 4 times n got fobbed off every time, they actually said the same as renault told u. ended up bein the brake pads bein broke and a slightly warped disc when a local garage checked it, so try what chris said get the brakes nice n hot with a heavy brake session, if that dont work it'll be a strip down job mate. Only way u will c whats goin on in there!

When I'm driving, i can hear a high pitched noise as if something on the brakes is rubbing/catching? I've took it to renault twice and they're saying they can't find anything. The brakes have been cleaned twice by them now so it's nothing to do with cleanliness/brake dust im assuming. It's annoying the living **** out of me! help?

It's usually a little louder at one point of each wheel revolution, maybe when the brake caliper is closest to me in the driver seat?

they may need the edges of the pads chamfering to stop them catching the wear ridge on the discs...