Car re-dyno'd

After all the talk of the dodgey 197 ECUs, i had myself worried that im losing power cos of it.

Took it back to my remapper and explained the situation, so he agreed to retest the car to see if it had lost any power. Results were:

Flywheel: 215bhp @ 7255rpm
Wheels: 182.8bhp
Torque: 169.8 lb/ft @ 5739

Gotta say im happy with that result, it actually made 4bhp more than last time. This was, apparently, down to my very low mileaged engine loosening up abit and the ecu adapting itself better to the cams.

Good times!

After all the talk of the dodgey 197 ECUs, i had myself worried that im losing power cos of it.

Took it back to my remapper and explained the situation, so he agreed to retest the car to see if it had lost any power. Results were:

Flywheel: 215bhp @ 7255rpm
Wheels: 182.8bhp
Torque: 169.8 lb/ft @ 5739

Gotta say im happy with that result, it actually made 4bhp more than last time. This was, apparently, down to my very low mileaged engine loosening up abit and the ecu adapting itself better to the cams.

Good times!

Nice! We NEED to get these on the same RR cos its f***ing me off now!! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
32.6 bhp @ 6892rpm power loss through drivetrain.

I really wish i'd got the torque over the magic 170lb/ft though, thats what i've been working towards.

Cat cams
Yozzasport exhaust and decat
Matched inlets + PTFE gasket
Remapped to suit
ITG panel filter.

One's that roll lol.

Someones already asked me the make of rollers, i didnt think to ask funnily enough! :tongueout:

STOCK:

Clio197-Rene-MjerenjeuCVH.gif

STOCK vs MODIFIED
K&N panel filter
Remap
Miltek & 200cell sportcat

1.gif

IMHO: These numbers are almost impossible...look at Kevo's gain and mine.

My thoughts exactly! Its all down to the dyno that its tested on!! The fact it made 194 as STD.... its the only 197 I have ever heard of thats made over mid 180s as STD!!

Still, the important thing to look at is the gain from original to now!

To compare two cars it need to be same rollers same day. Just look at the transmission loss differences on raptor and bens. 32 bhp on one and nearly 50 on another. Crazy

the only true way to measure power at the fly is too physically measure it at the fly.

but as Mr Barnes says, if your going to compare 2 197's it has to be done on the same rollers