Camshaft Sensor Location

Evening all,

I need to replace the cam position sensor on my 200 but I'm not sure exactly where it is. Obviously it's fixed to the head or valve cover but I couldn't easily identify the sensor on initial inspection. Can any one offer some direction?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bring and old thread up, but to change this sensor, what does need moving/unscrewing - it is in a fiddly position. I just got my cam sensor delivered and looking to change it today.

If you unbolt the dipstick from the manifold there can be enough room to remove the sensor, it is a little fiddly so take care to not drop the bolt.

Reactions: suj and Elviic
If you unbolt the dipstick from the manifold there can be enough room to remove the sensor, it is a little fiddly so take care to not drop the bolt.

I tried this, it was a ballache, so I took off the inlet manifold, it is pretty easy to remove.

I did a guide to remove the TB and clean it:
https://clio197.net/threads/how-to-clean-throttle-body.55680/

So going off that you don't even need to remove the TB from the manifold, but use it to remove the inlet pipe to TB then undo all the bolts holding the inlet on, as 19Zen said remove the dipstick bolt and it makes it a hell of a lot easier (I have massive spades for hands, so just couldn't get to the sensor with the inlet in the way).

Reactions: vorlon03 and Elviic