CAE-Shifter for Clio 3 RS

I want one.... What's the deal with the clutch or does it cut ignition and perform clutchless changes??

No everything stays the same, even the clutch.
So its just a swap of the shifting mechanism.

The shifting afterwards is much more precise and the ways are very short too.
The whole gear changing is done within a square of 70mmx70mm.

They produce very high quality and I definitely would get one too, but unfornately I wouldnt be able to pass the TÜV with this kit here in germany. :/

Had 1 on my mini, the alta short shifter, bit crap imo, Hardly any difference

And id be cautious with one of these on a 197/200 box

This is far more than a short shift linkage! It's a full replacement for the gear leaver etc

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ySgp_IvvnVY[/video]

This is the best thing to have for our sensilbe gearboxes.
Much much more precise than the oem system and you are a lot quicker when shifting.
You also need less force to move the lever.

The synchros will benefit from a shorter usage time and the possibilty to have a better repeatable gearchange.
A cliors.de member has one build in and I will update here how he is getting along with it.

After watching the YouTube clip I'm a bit disappointed that its not a simple push forward pull back gearchange mechanism... Now that would be worth €1500

After watching the YouTube clip I'm a bit disappointed that its not a simple push forward pull back gearchange mechanism... Now that would be worth €1500

Does seem like a very fluid movement when changing between gears, but a sequential stick would be fantastic :smile:

lets see see a corsa vxr challenge that haha

Ikeya Formula in Japan do a conversion to make an H pattern box into a sequential shifter. They are about £1700ish. Unfortunately they don't do one for the clio.

The one featured here, does it replace the cables too? or bolt onto the existing setup?

As I would like one, but have the megane box, which seems to have a longer throw than the clio box and reverse is in a different position.

That seems to be a great bit of kit, however I think that the Clio gearbox is brilliant as it is (when it works). Very precise, short throw etc unlike the Megane one.

I'm sure this kit improves the experience even more but it'd look out of place in an ordinary daily Clio. I wouldn't like that in my interior that's for sure

it'd look out of place in an ordinary daily Clio. I wouldn't like that in my interior that's for sure

Yeah, I can't think how it'd fit in with the rest of the Clio interior without a lot of custom work. They look great in older cars, like this Jetta:

LARY9502.jpg

Or this Golf:

LARY9242.jpg

...I wonder if they make one for a Renault 5? A GT Turbo would look pretty awesome with one of these in... :thumbup1:

That does look the part, seen quite a few in VW's

Were can I get one of those cubby holes instead of the radio? :smile: