Bulb recommendations

Hi guys,

I've read all other previous bulb posts and have a few questions.

On all previous cars I've had HID kits and am badly missing them!

I don't have projector lamps sadly and am wondering what bulbs give similar aesthetics to an HID kit as I can't stand the dirty yellow colour of standard bulbs.

I've seen a lot recommend the Philips Diamond Vision but notice it says they're not road legal?

I've always ran around 6000k HID kits (the pic below will roughly show the colour I mean)

f2fc73880a92067b3ea83b00dcf39d3e.jpg

Can anyone recommend legal H7 Headlight bulbs with a similar look and better light output than standard bulbs. matching 502 sidelight bulbs also if anyone has a good matching set? I'm after a pure white light or ever so faint blue like the 6000k light.

Thanks

On a side not. If replacement projector lamps popped up, would they be a direct replacement to my standard headlights?

I have Philips Diamond Vision H7's and Philips 8000k LED sidelights. Passed a MOT no problem. Nice and bright with the HID blue look about them. Good luck fitting them!

Reactions: Roshi69
I changed the bulbs before for ones I got in a local car shop which aren't as yellow as the standard bulbs but still now what I'm after.

Shredded my hands to bits trying to do it!

Have you any pictures of the light it gives out or how they look on the car? Might just get myself a set and see. Would really love to be able to get HIDs (not that there's any room for ballasts anyway lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry don't have any pics, but definitely make the car look newer/higher spec if you understand what I mean.

I have Philips Diamond Vision H7's and Philips 8000k LED sidelights. Passed a MOT no problem. Nice and bright with the HID blue look about them. Good luck fitting them!

Just ordered the same setup as you and should arrive tomorrow.

Are there any tips on fitting them or is it just a matter of destroying your hand like the last bulbs I changed? Lol

Just ordered the same setup as you and should arrive tomorrow.

Are there any tips on fitting them or is it just a matter of destroying your hand like the last bulbs I changed? Lol
I found it easier doing it at night. Bulb in one hand and torch in the other shining through the headlight. Be careful not to scratch the blue coating on the H7's! Let me know how you like them, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Absolutely no idea why I thought the light change was such a bad idea. Had the lights swapped over in under 15 mins (that's with taking pictures too!).

Here's a few pictures, obviously in the day it's pretty pointless especially with my black headlight mesh but you can at least see the difference in colours. I'll take a picture when it's dark and add it on later

Bulbs used
90ec608f2e17dbcd83a7f2ac935f068f.jpg

New sidelight in
11f09a366f493ff2f988f556dcf71da1.jpg

New sidelight vs my old bulb (think it was an Osram of some sort which wasn't anywhere near as yellow as a standard bulb but still bad in comparison!)
514a70363f4db7d60fd46424adffd24b.jpg

Comparison of new bulb (left) vs old bulb (right)
944b3416c128e911628397f67590fc4c.jpg

Both new bulbs in
adac04c4b543f2fe4387e9bafd50b84e.jpg

Old vs new
1a639ee84121938292a0f9ec5f2dfffd.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't went a drive at night yet with the new lights. Just popped out to take a few pics. Instantly the light is much more 'HID like' and miles away from the dirty standard orangey yellow projection.

Illumination example
c11522cad883effab2d728dcc0e8a891.jpg

This is a bad example. I took this pic quick and moved the car back forward without reviewing the picture and seeing the glare lol. In person the lights look amazing. Exactly the colour I was looking for and omits great light! I will try get a better pic tomorrow and update after a drive and see how much they light up the road etc
8c7ffb43c9460543f4355c5e5fb578f4.jpg