Bugs off?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Roger200, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Roger200

Roger200

I went a road trip a couple of weeks ago and the car got completely splatted in flies/bugs. Only just been able to clean it and the residue of the flies is still there and cant get them off. Ive tried the usual, very hot water, gorilla wipes, baby wipes and AG insect rmover and none seem to work.

Any suggestions???

2. GrumpyTwig

GrumpyTwig "the troll hunter" with added boost!

How long did you leave the AG stuff on for? (I'm not sure it's that great tbh) Leave it for at least 5 minutes.

I use some turtle wax stuff I get from halfrauds that's not failed yet to soften bugs up.

3. Brown bear

Brown bear

Detailing guru recommended this to me. Make up a solution of soapy water, park the car in the shade and spray the area thoroughly and allow it to soak, but don't let it dry (keep spraying). Do this for 10mins, should come off easy.

4. Roger200

Roger200

Cheers

I left the AG stuff on for about a minute so will leave it on longer and if that dont work then I'll try the soapy solution.

5. RussZS

RussZS

G101 or any APC, leave it on for about 3 mins, then pressure wash off, or work with a brush and hose off

6. Maz

Maz Platinum Member

The front of my car looks like a fly grave yard it's horrible. White and fly blood don't mix..

7. Adrian

Adrian Platinum Legend Platinum Member

just clay it, soon get rid!

8. PB.200

PB.200

Prevention is better than the cure.

Good wax on it will mean they come of with normal washing and at worst with some quick detailer. Also means less scrubbing so less swirls.

9. Roger200

Roger200

Yeah, before the trip i put on AG super resin and a layer of AG protection gloss thing. I thought this would mean the bugs would just 'flow' off the car.

10. Sibbers

Sibbers Paid Member

Car:
    Clio Cup RS 200
    Is there such a thing as a bugphobic finishing? I want one of those big time!

Big Ben likes this.
  11. VolumeX

VolumeX

Car:
    Clio mk3 197 & 200 20th
    There are good window waxes, and even some rain X products can help with removal. Bugs die quick but the liquid they leave behind is terribly adhesive at temperature.