Bug remover

Hey guys and gals, with all this terrible weather we've been having. I'm having a big problem with mass murder, pretty sure I'd get away from a speed camera haha. Anyway anyone have a recommendation for bug remover for a white car. had a look and quite a lot appear to leave a faint stain on light paintwork although they do a fantastic job. Any suggestions of something to make it easier next time aswel would be fantastic although the car has had 4 go's of autoglym SRP

I can sympathise, lots of wax on effected areas when it's clean helps.

I usually snow foam the car fairly liberally, once rinsed using something like Muck-off works pretty well and it's very gentle. Honestly though wax is the thing that makes it easier. They still stick but they come off a lot easier.

Again I'll post a top tip on bugs, how easy and 100% wax safe. Get a Dodo juice spritzer bottle, fill with luke warm tap water, find a shady area and spray the affected areas. The bottle should mist out and the little blighters just melt and fall off the paint work. Trust me I'm very old, I have bug repellant, snow foam, citrus spray, more products than most of you put together, and I find water is the easiest and safest way to remove them. It is not what you use though, its how it is used.

Putting into perspective, if you even have cleaned the flies off you car in the morning in a heavy due, you will find they just wipe off, if you recreate this with the spritzer bottle, they just wipe off after 5 minutes soak.

Hope that helps, sorry for the rant, grumpy old man syndrome.....

I use poorboys bug squash diluted 1:3 (or 2:1 for stubborn dried on bugs) let it dwell and then blast off with the pressure washer

easy peasy

Okay so tried the spritzer bottle idea an seemed to work for the larger items but used autoglym bug remover for the dried on stains and has come up brilliantly thanks for the advice, also have it a few coats of SRP so hopefully the next wash will be alot easier :smile:

SRP as in the name is a polish and filler, it really needs wax to make it easier.