Bucket seats

Hi guys, get my car back in 3 weeks and will then need to replace the seats.
So im after a set of FIA dated seats as I will be doing a few seasons next year when the cars ready.
Im wide around the waist (38inch) so guess i need larger ones?
Was looking at the Ktec ones but they look a bit boring unless I went for the wrap around style.

New ee I wouldn't really want to spend more than £300 and then I'll have the belts and rails on top etc.
Will consider a decent pair/one that's in date if anyone is selling a used seat/s
Anyone have a recommendations/advice?

Thanks again!

These Cobras are 1 of the best seats on the market imo.
They come in 2 different widths (mine are large), the removable padding in the seat & the back is available in different thicknesses so you can tailor them to any body shape/size.
The material is very durable & they use a heavy duty suede type material in the high wear areas.
They are very lightweight, HANS compatible & are approved for use up to international level.
I purchased the slide rails for them & made my own mounts.
After a season of racing mine are still like new.
More expensive than some but an excellent quality seat & very safe.

IMG_2929_zpspmaffv9c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2928_zpss4ki7czz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3018_zpsxvyzoluz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had one them pervious ^^^ give nothing but back ache and if tall person the wings sit too low and shoulders get caught on them.

Best at advice can give is seat in plenty of seats before you buy. Try GSM or Tweeks

Probably because they are a kilo heavier, the covering material isn't as good a quality and they are made in Poland

Must admit they are a good fit, I couldn't get on with the Cobra it restricted my shoulders too much

You need to sit in them and try

Heres why I'm using the Cobra full wrap style seats for those interested;-
Along with the usual disciplines I am doing international & national level tarmac rallies with up to 600k of competitive stages over several days of competition so spend plenty of seat time in the car (much more than just lapping a circuit for several minutes) & both my co-driver who is 80kg & 5'10" along with myself 110kg & 6' come out the other end feeling fresh which is testament to the seat design.
There are currently only around 6 other 2016 competition legal seats I know of that comply with lateral head support regs which is required at high-end comp use along with HANS device & 6 point harness.
If your just doing the odd track day or still using it on the street (illegal to use 1 piece buckets by the way) I wouldn't even bother changing out the oem CS Recaros.
However if your buying a race seat for serious competition use take a look at what the pros are using in WRC etc & buy the absolute best you can afford just as when purchasing a harness, Hans or helmet.
Sit in a few seats first & it helps if you can find a seat with different frame size options & support fitments such as Cobra & some other top level manufacturers offer.
Here's another seat that offers the features needed in a quality motorsport seat along with the large openings in the sides which help with peripheral vision... http://www.autosport.com.au/velo-apex-xl-fia-seat

Last edited: