bucket seats and harness' fitted

so last weekend me and my mate fitted some buckets. went rather well, car feels so much better now those heavy seats are removed!! replaced them with cobra monaco's and so far, i love them! probably one of my favaroite mods!
heres some pictures;

so we started by removing the seats, and looked like this;
2_zps9b0bcd44.jpg

1_zps5127087b.jpg

next we fitted the new seat runners ;

5_zpsdac8ac7d.jpg

then made bars to fit across and mount the seats too; heres one fitted;

8_zps28cc012a.jpg

once these were on, we could start fitting the seats. here are the ones i went for;

3_zpsb18cc34d.jpg

4_zps2dae8e5a.jpg

now fitted, i could connect all the harness' up and the end result is this!;

10_zpsde9c8f29.jpg

11_zpsd80c18f4.jpg

i also had time to get the heat gun out and remove some tar from the car. heres one piece i removed;

6_zps76b17bd8.jpg

so thats it! quick few pictures up! i should really start a progress thread!
so far ive done
-remap
-milltek cat back
-pipercross panel filter
-lowered 40mm
-black wheels
-rs front splitter
-cup spoiler
-stripped and bucket seats
-black renault badges

not sure what to do next.. cant wait for practical performance car show at mallory as ive booked a track session!
the car may not be to everyones taste, but i love it! there is nothing i regret doing to the car!
thanks for looking, Dan!:uk:

Thanks! And I'm great, how are you? Wish if of had the seats in for the ring! Can't wait to go back next year, will you be there? :smile:

maybe ill have to try it! thanks for probably persuading me to spend more money :wink: but as for the ring, 26 euro a lap is abit steep, compared to when my mate started going and it was 8 euro a lap! oh well, still worth paying as its an amazing track!

Looking good.. Would love to put buckets in mine but just can't bring myself to get rid of the Recaros.. Also cant bring myself to remove back seats, I had an Oulton cage sat in my workshop for 3 months and ended up selling it..

Well I took the back seats out for the trip to the ring and I've decided to keep them out! As for the front seats, I wish I had recaros so I could sell them for £1000ish, and that would fund the buckets and harnesses! With money to spare depending on seats! So glad I've done it! Go for it Fernandez! I noticed a difference even just taking the back ones out! Think there about 30kg! Does anyone know what the recaros weigh?

A s**t load I replaced my drivers seat for a corbeau pro series bucket seat, corbeau seat 6kg recaro atleast 25-30kg!

How much weight did you save doing this? I'm thinking of doing the same myself at the weekend

Sorry never noticed that you had just said it ignore me haha