British Touring Car Championship

So as it's not long now till the BTCC starts again, thought I'd put the new motorsport section to use! :biggrin:

Dates for the season are as follows:

3-4 Apr - Thruxton - Rounds 1/2/3
24-25 Apr - Rockingham - Rounds 4/5/6
1-2 May - Brands (GP) - Rounds 7/8/9
5-6 Jun - Oulton Park - Rounds 10/11/12
19-20 Jun - Croft - Rounds 13/14/15
7-8 Aug - Snetterton - Rounds 16/17/18
21-22 Aug - Silverstone - Rounds 19/20/21
4-5 Sep - Knockhill - Rounds 22/23/24
18-19 Sep - Donington - Rounds 25/26/27
9-10 Oct - Brands (Indy) - Rounds 28/29/30

Anyone attending any races?

I'll be at Rockingham, Oulton, Silverstone and (hopefully) Donington!

Last edited:
Cant wait for this. After the disappointment of the first F1 race of the season I reckon more people will be watching this.

Cant beat it for entertainment value.

Yea should be a good season this year, particularly liking the look of the new AMDMilltek team's golf:

Brands_Test_16-03-10_026.jpg

I will be going to Rockingham and Donington if the track is useable by then

Are there any teams left in it? lol

Haven't really followed BTCC lately, I just keep hearing of teams dropping out despite it's popularity. If it's purely down to cost of running a team maybe they should cap it to encourage more manufacturers to compete. I remember back in the 90's most teams were in there having a go!

Other than turbo engine testing and the AMD Golf, any other gossip for this season?

Are there any teams left in it? lol

Haven't really followed BTCC lately, I just keep hearing of teams dropping out despite it's popularity. If it's purely down to cost of running a team maybe they should cap it to encourage more manufacturers to compete. I remember back in the 90's most teams were in there having a go!

Other than turbo engine testing and the AMD Golf, any other gossip for this season?

other cost cappings i think are - standard gearbox & brakes

and talk of using bigger wheels