Bride/recaro 197 fitment?

Im looking to get a set of Bride seats or recaro poles,but what seat rails do i need? does it matter if the seats are base mounted or side mounted?

might be getting the brides shipped from USA so will need to get a 197 fotment over here just wanted to know if anyone could help.

Thanks
J

No way! why has no company made any!

Do you mind giving me the details and price it cost you to go custom? pm if you prefer.

Have many people gone for aftermarket seats?

Cheers
J

There was a company that did some subframes to replace recaro ones to make the seat sits lower. Maybe these would fit your need.

this is so frustrating lol ........ I didn't believe you initially when you said than no one made frames for the 197 ..... I've asked every company and you're right

WTF I thought this is a popular sports car!

this is so frustrating lol ........ I didn't believe you initially when you said than no one made frames for the 197 ..... I've asked every company and you're right

WTF I thought this is a popular sports car!
I dont lie matey lol!!!

I may be selling mine so will let you know!

Recaro does subframes etc. but I wouldn´t really recommend them as long as you don´t have to go through German TÜV etc.

They´re not so warp resistant tbh. I will fit some cross joints soon.

They are very expensive though

http://www.madenoracing.com

Those are lowered Subframes for the Recaro Sporster CS. Not for the Recaro Pole Position.

Roas did you have problems with the seatbelt pretensioner and the airbag connections?

You can either use the SAB-Plugs from Recaro or, as I have done, reprogram the ECU to have no sidebags anymore. My Renault dealer actually did this.

Can´t remember any problems with the seatbelts.

I wonder if the custom map I have from RStuning will work with the dealer airbag reprograming?

how did you fit the seatbelt pretensioners and the seatbelt holder to the new frame?

Last edited:
I´d like to think the ECU for the engine management is a different one. You have more like 27 of those ecus...

Edit: I didn´t. I only use the fixed 3-point harnesses.

so do I have to buy recaro frames specific for the 197? or they're universal?

are yours the same as these?

large-steel-sidemount-fia2.jpg

so do I have to buy recaro frames specific for the 197? or they're universal?

are yours the same as these?

Those are side mounts. Judging from Roas' pics, you need these as well as the subframes so you can mount the bucket seat onto the subframe. If you get recliners you only need the subframes.

You can always get universal subframes but they may require some drilling/modifications.

I wonder if the custom map I have from RStuning will work with the dealer airbag reprograming?

how did you fit the seatbelt pretensioners and the seatbelt holder to the new frame?

airbags and seat belts run off their own computer mate.