brakes make a whale like noise???

It happens when I move back slowly with wheels locked to either left or right, terrible when I parallel park, do I need to be worried?
Only thing I can think about is maybe its just the brake pads? Any help welcome please

Once again thanks guys any and all comments are welcome they are entertaining. :giggle:

You sure its not the steering creaking? If thats the case then its lower ball joint. They tend to tell tale when your on full lock.

Mine does that, what pads are you running? It never worried me really, I checked everything on mine and I do service the brakes quite regularly.

Mine only make a whale line noise when the mother out law is in the car :smile: joking aside as [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] says will probably be lower ball joint . Mine makes the same noise especially when you are going lock to lock at slow speed ( ie when parking up) and was given advisory on MOT for it. Tried to get local garage to do it for me. They stripped it down only to find no one sold the ball joint. Since found out off here that Wimbeldon RS sell them separate . Not a bad price either compared to the price Renault charge for the complete hum assembler you have to buy

I have this sound from my rear brakes too. They are due a service which I understand will stop the noise. When were your brakes last serviced?

Changed all discs and brakes about 1000 miles ago to oem brembo. It does not do it when I turn the steering wheel, it does it when my front wheels move slowly, thought it might be the pads rubbing in reverse, pretty sure its from the front

I have no intelligent input to this thread. But really, Whale like? Have you not seen finding nemo?

Mine do the same noise LOL. Whale-like is spot-on! Haha. But I desperately need new rear discs. I've got brand new R26 discs and pads on the front, as I picked them up for a steal. Once the rears are done, I'll let you know if the whale is gone.

Peace

Pads are tight in the carrier, strip clean (file the pad so it fits in freely) and a little cooper grease on the slider and the back of the pad, will fix it. Calipers are prone to corrosion and need TLC after a couple of years. I'm finding mine need doing at least twice a year.