Brakes are poor

I've just bought my 2011 rs200 cup, I was doing about 65 yesterday and thought I'd test them, I jumped on them and I swear the work van stops quicker.

It has been stood for a few months, I'd done around 120 miles in it on the way home before I jumped on the brakes. My last 2 cars had big brakes, one had AP 4 pots and the other had K Sport 8 pots so I have a rough idea of what they feel like.

I'm gonna use it for a week and see how I get on, pads may of glazed over maybe? The pedal feels a tad sponges too.

Wasn't sure if anyone else had this problem?

Common issue if not serviced. Strip them down and give it all a good clean.

There is a guide in the how too section or a garage will charge circa £50 to do it.

A big brake set up like AP with decent pads is going to feel miles better than Brembos with std pads.

The std set up very good but you are coming down a step it two :smile:

Thanks lads. Ill strip them down and give them a clean. If they are still a bit crap then ill order some new pads and fluid.

cheers

Ds2500 in the 4 pots. And yellow stuff in the 8 pots. Yellow stuff were the standard pad in the 8 pots, I was really impressed, good bite from cold and no matter how much hammer they pulled your face off everytime, they were in my astra VXR so not the lightest of cars.

Ds2500 in the 4 pots. And yellow stuff in the 8 pots. Yellow stuff were the standard pad in the 8 pots, I was really impressed, good bite from cold and no matter how much hammer they pulled your face off everytime, they were in my astra VXR so not the lightest of cars.

+1, I've used Yellowstuff (later R compounds) on 2 cars now (mkv golf tdi so heavy!!) and have them currently in my Clios Brembos. 100% agree, good from cold and very resistent to abuse and I am hard on brakes (cheeky bit of squeal from them too which I like). Unfortuantely people put them in the same bracket as other EBC products so come under unfair bashing, typically from those that have never even tried them.

thanks mate

+1, I've used Yellowstuff (later R compounds) on 2 cars now (mkv golf tdi so heavy!!) and have them currently in my Clios Brembos. 100% agree, good from cold and very resistent to abuse and I am hard on brakes (cheeky bit of squeal from them too which I like). Unfortuantely people put them in the same bracket as other EBC products so come under unfair bashing, typically from those that have never even tried them.

yea I agree. Gonna look at getting some yellow stuff pads for the brembos