brake life

How long should the standard front pads last on average.I'm on 15k and they don't seem as good.

depends how you drive mate, if you do any track days etc. The 197 pads do seem to last quite well though.
Just take your wheel off, its easy to see how much life the pads have left in them :smile:

If you can see plenty of material left on them then they probably need a sevice. The inside pads tend to stick.

A quick service of taking the pads out cleaning the caliper and copper slip may help it but be carefull as the standard pads can fall apart upon taking them out. On my old 197 when I upgraded the pads one of the standard pads material fell apart lol

If you can see plenty of material left on them then they probably need a sevice. The inside pads tend to stick.

A quick service of taking the pads out cleaning the caliper and copper slip may help it but be carefull as the standard pads can fall apart upon taking them out. On my old 197 when I upgraded the pads one of the standard pads material fell apart lol

agree :thumbup1: