braided hoses

are they worth putting on the clio?, Ive had them on my elise, vx220 and integra but they were all bought with them already fitted! because of this I have never really had a benchmark to go off in terms of them improving braking performance
just incase it matters my current brake setup is totally standard

I would say only if you're really into track days and such, otherwise you probably won't notice any difference as it's unusual to be pushing the brakes at their extremes on the road. They didn't make the brakes any better just seemed to allow a bit more fine adjustment to be done via the pedal when you come to the end of braking zones and need to nip the nose in or let it drift out a bit.

I've done it on previous cars and its been hit it miss as to the level of difference they've made. For me I will get around to doing the Clio ones as the standard hoses are the only really weak point in the system. And this can be easily sorted for less that £100 plus fitting. The most recent ones I did were on my bike were I went with Hel for the first time (over Goodridge) and its been the single biggest improvement I've made to the bike.