Bonnet Gas Strut

I tried. Didn't get very far. The bonnet is too light to get the strut down. The mounting point on the bonnet is too weak

attachment.php
I started off using a normal gas strut and it didn't work. So I went to a Toolstation and some bits. Inbox me if you want their codes and I'll try find them and send over pictures too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 227
my concerns were the joint on the wing is plastic and the strut can tear the hole.
also the strut when closed presses against the rubber seal. which could allow rain and weather onto the fuse box

Its not the water its the hinge and the space the strut needs to occupy when the bonnet is down

Yes, when I say 'clearanc'e I mean all that has to sit very tightly struct etc, and it could close the channel for water to run down, inturn going over the lip onto components. I've looked at trying something but Renault Engineers sure kept things tight up front, so not much room to work with. Need a fancy Back to The Future magnet style with a remote... :smiley:
Its not the water its the hinge and the space the strut needs to occupy when the bonnet is down