Big Bens non Clio

Cadwell BH Monday
Cracking day with @Beany at Cadwell. Drove up on AR1’s and was snowing when I arrived so was bricking it but wind was blowing hard so it cleared quick and left a dry track all day.
Decent selection of cars and driving standards except for @RSRowe and his track baguette pals:smiley:
Them boys definitely bought their big boy pants. Couple of stints I managed with them were great and massively on the limit!!
Nathe has made me spend more money on some new bits for the car so I’ll post again when I’ve got them fitted.
Obligatory pics
841DD3EE-489C-4118-BEC6-1642B9DEB673.jpeg8C5B0C57-53DD-4B0E-B62B-EA8A5E79C9AC.jpegD2E524F9-46D3-429D-9AE6-1A8E9C741A0F.jpeg9222D9A1-97C2-4784-9A3C-7C653491C084.jpeg

New seats arrived from Demon Tweeks. Well pleased. Side mounts from our very own @R27WTF at Supreme Motorsport.
Can’t fit them yet as car is awaiting a new Mocal sandwich plate and is sitting at the mechanics.
Hopefully get everything back together in time for Caffeine and Machine next Sunday. Went last year and really enjoyed it. @Micah and his work buddies plus some “spirited”driving made for a special day
31902F06-9FFB-4FD2-ADF6-F0D00496DD66.jpeg

After sitting in @RSRowe seat the other day it gave me the final push I needed to purchase some bucket seats. Sparco Evo XL(!) as I’m fairly round ahem:smirk:

Matt Scott down at Supreme Motorsport sorted me out the seat mounts. Can’t fault them or the next day delivery.

Quick test drive and the instantly noticeable thing is the support they give is amazing. Much better fit for me than the recaros. Surprisingly comfy but a road trip to Caffeine & Machine Sunday with @RossWoods93 & @Micah will confirm how long that lasts!
Pics as always
Edit: Leather Recaros weighed in at 27.2kg each. These seats with mounts were 12kg each:thumb:
2BA63856-A5E1-48A7-94E3-6228B0DFC5F0.jpeg75BBAC2D-9C19-4B25-8A32-D97D38C83AC5.jpeg185E0469-691B-4AA2-839B-6BD5B47E9860.jpeg

Last edited:
Good choice Ben, a bucket seat transforms your confidence on a trackday, even with the recaro you still "move about", but with a correctly sized bucket it's amazing.
You'll be shitting on @Beany now :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Tidy!
I bet mounting them was a doddle with Matts subframes. Mine were a nightmare as firstly there’s movement in the OMP bases, as well as then having to drill my own holes for side mounts :tearsofjoy:

Will be interesting to see how much quicker it makes you round track. It’ll definitely make a difference

Good choice Ben, a bucket seat transforms your confidence on a trackday, even with the recaro you still "move about", but with a correctly sized bucket it's amazing.
You'll be shitting on @Beany now :tearsofjoy:
Shits on me anyway on track or off....

• Haha
Reactions: suj
Tidy!
I bet mounting them was a doddle with Matts subframes. Mine were a nightmare as firstly there’s movement in the OMP bases, as well as then having to drill my own holes for side mounts :tearsofjoy:

Will be interesting to see how much quicker it makes you round track. It’ll definitely make a difference
Yeah was straightforward won’t lie!
Im certain it’ll help on track. I was slower than the other Clios through the tight bits at Cadwell as I can’t Chuck it around as much because of moving about a bit in the recaro

Reactions: Beany and suj
I remember the first time I had mine on track with standard seats :tearsofjoy:
My knees were knackered after the morning from propping myself up against the centre console

I was at the Ring in my 200sx with standard leathers (literally zero bolster) propping myself with my elbow on the door on every left hand turn!